Italin Armoured Car 1ZM

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Very nicely done Dave...sat up at dawn and read the whole thread in one go. Would have been nice if it were a 1/35 kit available by the same brand...finish looked like it was.

Cheers,
Richard

Reactions: JR

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I want one :smiling: :thumb2: in 1/35 mind! But yeah I want one.
Dive in ,unfortunately John doesn't stock copper state models they've a good selection of different WW1armoured cars in 35th but at just under fifty pounds I'd end up in the bed next to John if I had to part with that ,this one was only bought because of some birthday money even then I had to put a cricketers box down my pants to ease the pain of handing over twenty pounds plus its making me nauseous just thinking about it. Once this one is over I'll go back to my mostly sub twelve pound kits from the Ukraine that no one likes because they usually come with free badly fitting parts ,flash and lots of wait for it copper etch I love em. Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
David just found this, beautifully painted .
Love the finish , can see why you used those paints if it produces like that .

Last edited:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Very nicely done Dave...sat up at dawn and read the whole thread in one go. Would have been nice if it were a 1/35 kit available by the same brand...finish looked like it was.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard only half way but jogging along nicely, as I said to Mark copper state models do a good selection of WW1 armoured cars in 35th there was a excellent build review of one on the modeling news web site well worth a look. Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
David just found this and thought was into a nice long build and the next page it's done ! And done beautifully.
Love the finish , can see why you used those paints if it does that .
Worthy of the ,
View attachment 444066
Very nice indeed , congratulations.:smiling3::nerd:
John please remove because if the management find out you've awarded this without READING the text you would have known im only halfway there (tut tut don't make me pm you on this topic). D

• Sad

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John please remove because if the management find out you've awarded this without READING the text you would have known im only halfway there (tut tut don't make me pm you on this topic). D
Alterations done ! Sorry I was really impressed with the paintwork photos , just got carried away :smiling3::nerd:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Alterations done ! Sorry I was really impressed with the paintwork photos , just got carried away :smiling3::nerd:
I almost had to ring the bell you know what matron is like this hour of the morning. Not that I didn't appreciate your award just trying to keep you out of trouble. Dave

• Love

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I almost had to ring the bell you know what matron is like this hour of the morning. Not that I didn't appreciate your award just trying to keep you out of trouble. Dave
Thank you David, it is rather early and I've been up since 0430 !

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Right people enough frivolity let's get back on track and mull over what we like doing best Monsieur Race mentioned me using the Mr Hobby Aqueous paints these along with the Tamiya acrylics for spraying are probably the best out there(tamiya and mr hobby lacquer are superb but a diffrent kettle)both brands thin superbly with both mr hobby and mr hobby self leveling thinner, though this time out I thinned with mr hobby aqueous thinner wich id been using to thin one shot primer and mig/ammo paints. Just thinners and the wind through your airbrush is all thats needed. Is it because they come in jars that make them unpopular not thoes impossible to mix properly dropper bottles I've seen it all from strapping them to a reciprocating saw to thoes things used in laboratories even ive got a nail varnish shaker I picked up from ebay for six or seven quid. Thoes jars it all came back to me lid off badger paint mixer(other brands avaliable)in spin it up for four or five seconds job done takes a bit longer but the end of a paint brush handle does the job as well. Is it because there's not the massively convenient library of authentic colours(I'm as guilty as the next man)to be had from mr hobby and tamiya though mr hobby does a lot of RLM? Colours and ive found two diffrent 4B0 's to use in the groupe build. I'm sure I stopped using them purely on the colour convenience factor nothing to do with the paint its self I can see mr mig going to the back of the queue like I said I'd truly forgotten how easy these are to use and the finish is superb. No alchemy needed just thinners and the wind through your airbrush. D