Its Been a While

First Name
Murray
Discovered this forum after purchasing stuff from the shop and have been lurking for a while, but feel I should really get around to introducing myself. After a few score decades,(read teens) away from the hobby I starting back to modelling in 2021 as a way of relaxing/keeping busy during the winter months when I was unable to enjoy my motorcycle due to the crap weather. My wife bought me a model 1/48 Tamiya Churchill crocodile as a Christmas present. Since then I have never looked back and with each model build I have gradually learned new skills.
How things have changed since my boyhood, back then for me it was paint brushes, an old nail file, a sharp penknife, and the screwdriver bit to open the Humbrol and Airfix paints and a 0.7mm pentel pencil for drawing camouflage lines as well as the obligatory get high poly glue.
Mainly do 1/35 armour(Tamiya) and a couple of 1/72 aircraft at present, but have an increasing stash of 1/48 aircraft and other manufacturers armour waiting in the wings for a dedicated workstation in an up coming house move. :smiling::smiling2:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hiya Murray, sounds like you had quite a toolkit back in the day - a Pentel pencil indeed! (I still have mine!) Welcome aboard!
Steve

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Murray,
welcome to the forum - another member from North of the Border !. Loads of 1/48 modellers here. Any questions, just post away & there'll be someone who can answer your question, or know where to find the answer....................
Dave

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome to the Asylum.........we're all Mad as the proverbial Hatter...........about modeling, that is. Join in and don't forget to have fun! ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A warm welcome from me too, Murry.

Ah, Acharacle. I've been through it a few times when we have come up from Wales and camp on the Ardnamuchan. A beautiful Peninsular for sure.
Rather than go through Fort William, we also sometimes wander across there on our way to The Outer Hebrides.

You are one lucky man to live in that part of the world....

Enjoy your time with us.

Ron