Jagdpanzer IV SSIG...?

Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
6,958
Likes
2,752
Points
113
First Name
Patrick
#41
\ said:
Had a quick look at my Stash would you accept a Dragon Elefant? if not I'll just do the Tamiya Hetzer
Richard, I'm going to say no to the Elefant. As much as I'd like to see it built, and although it is technically a tank destroyer, I'm looking more for the types that were converted from existing vehicles.


The Hetzer will still be a nice build :smiling3:
 

Rbaker

SMF Poster
Joined
Jan 29, 2016
Messages
118
Likes
115
Points
43
Location
Stourbridge
First Name
Richard
#42
\ said:
Richard, I'm going to say no to the Elefant. As much as I'd like to see it built, and although it is technically a tank destroyer, I'm looking more for the types that were converted from existing vehicles.
The Hetzer will still be a nice build :smiling3:
Not a Problem Patrick Had to ask have had both in the stash for awhile
 

Fenlander

SMF Poster
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Messages
5,445
Likes
1,642
Points
113
Location
Peterborough UK
First Name
Graham
#43
This SIG has been doing my head in. I was convinced I had a Jagdpanzer IV in the stash but when I searched for it, I couldn't find it. I did however find a STUG I didn't know I had.


Then, for a couple of days, it has bugged me as I remember starting to put Zimmerit on something. Thinking it must have been my Panther, I let it go.


This afternoon I went in the shed for something and saw the box for the panther. Wondering how well I had managed the Zimmerit trial, I dug it out to have a look. Nope! All pristine and unopened. Had a further dig about and at last found the elusive Jagdpanzer and yes, this is the one I attempted Zimmerit on.


Not a bad kit, comes with a bit of photo etch and an aluminium barrel. Indi link tracks as well. I did wonder if it was a re box of some other kit but, according to Scalemates, it came out around 1994, was rebooted by Zvezda and then by Testors before Italeri added extra and new parts and a new box in 2011.


I must admit, I thought I was going bonkers, not that finding what I thought was there means I am not, but it helps.........


I appreciate that having started it excludes it from the SIG but here it is anyway.


image_2.jpe



image_1.jpe



image.jpe



I believe that the Zimmerit trial was Milliput and the Trumpeter roller type tool.
 
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
6,958
Likes
2,752
Points
113
First Name
Patrick
#44
\ said:
This SIG has been doing my head in. I was convinced I had a Jagdpanzer IV in the stash but when I searched for it, I couldn't find it. I did however find a STUG I didn't know I had.
Then, for a couple of days, it has bugged me as I remember starting to put Zimmerit on something. Thinking it must have been my Panther, I let it go.


This afternoon I went in the shed for something and saw the box for the panther. Wondering how well I had managed the Zimmerit trial, I dug it out to have a look. Nope! All pristine and unopened. Had a further dig about and at last found the elusive Jagdpanzer and yes, this is the one I attempted Zimmerit on.


Not a bad kit, comes with a bit of photo etch and an aluminium barrel. Indi link tracks as well. I did wonder if it was a re box of some other kit but, according to Scalemates, it came out around 1994, was rebooted by Zvezda and then by Testors before Italeri added extra and new parts and a new box in 2011.


I must admit, I thought I was going bonkers, not that finding what I thought was there means I am not, but it helps.........


I appreciate that having started it excludes it from the SIG but here it is anyway.


View attachment 154577


View attachment 154578


View attachment 154579


I believe that the Zimmerit trial was Milliput and the Trumpeter roller type tool.
Stick it in the SSIG Graham! Robert has a Tamiya L/70 that's partially built and I said that was ok.


It's only an unofficial GB so my word is law ;)
 
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
6,958
Likes
2,752
Points
113
First Name
Patrick
#47
\ said:
Oooooo, I don't need telling twice. Cheers Patrick...... Ah, that means I have to finish the Zimmerit..... Bugger ;)
Pah, the zimmerit is all but done! And it's turned out great :smiling3:
 
Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
3,041
Likes
1,554
Points
113
First Name
Robert
#48
Although I'm doing my Jagdpanzer iv Lang I also am tempted by my other Hetzer I have ( accademy ) I just got the metal tracks for it Indi and iddy widdy pins


image.jpeg

But maybe I'll keep for another day

Regards


Robet
 
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
6,958
Likes
2,752
Points
113
First Name
Patrick
#49
\ said:
Although I'm doing my Jagdpanzer iv Lang I also am tempted by my other Hetzer I have ( accademy ) I just got the metal tracks for it Indi and iddy widdy pins
View attachment 154587 But maybe I'll keep for another day


Regards


Robet
How much were they Robert?
 

monica

SMF Poster
Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Messages
12,416
Likes
5,810
Points
113
First Name
monica
#50
very nice start with the Zimmerit,on this one Graham,,and welcome to the sig, ;) :D


must ask what is the tool you used,and do you have a pic of it,? plz,


as you said a roller type would work well,
 

Fenlander

SMF Poster
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Messages
5,445
Likes
1,642
Points
113
Location
Peterborough UK
First Name
Graham
#51
These are they Monica. You get rollers and rocker types in different sizes. To be honest, this was the first and only time I used them. I also have a set of the Tamiya blade type that I will try on my next Zimmerit project. I will have to finish this one with the same tool type to ensure continuity. But I think, from what I have seen, the blade type work very nicely.


The rollers are good for a full length section, the rocker/stamp type are good for small places. This is a bit thick on this model but as removing the Milliput would possibly do damage, I will finish it off this way.


image_78.jpe
 

monica

SMF Poster
Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Messages
12,416
Likes
5,810
Points
113
First Name
monica
#52
thank you Graham,for the info on that set will have to look into getting some,as well, ;)


I have only ever seen the Tamiya blade type,ones,


I do think the roller would be good on the upper hull,the long parts,:rolleyes:
 
Top