Jason & The Argonauts Skeleton Fight

First Name
Brian
Nice build and subject. takes me back to my youth sitting on the carpet in the living room watching the film on a black and white TV

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Love this Dave !, one of my fave films as a kid and this scene never failed to deliver. great job , cheers tony

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great work Dave;) A very unique diorama and chock full of memories from younger days when stop action photography was just the 'Bees Knees'

I remember so many of the old 'special effects' of those days and thought them totally awesome. All this CGI seems so artificial nowadays but then again we were all so much younger and impressionable then.

I often wonder how audiences of the 50s,60s,70s and even the 80s would have reacted to the new computer technology in special effects of today.

I'd imagine the 1933 audiences of the original "King Kong" would have run from the theaters screaming in horror after viewing the new version considering that many at the time were very traumatized and thought the ancient version was real as it were.

Remember when the Star Trek communicators where thought to be an un-achievable fantasy? Now the average I-Phone has 130,000 times more computing power than the Apollo whatever:confused: that

put the first men on the moon. Lord knows what's next, maybe holographic imagery to give a total 3D experience. Great diorama! P.S. look up "The Giant Behemoth" A British movie circa 1950s

Loved it as a kid but my grandkids thought it pure camp:cool: and laughed all the way through:D much to my chagrin:oops: as I thought it still totally awesome......Oh the times they are a changin:oops:

First Name
barry
Looks great Dave,skeletons have come out real good.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Decent, that bottom photo of the skeletons is spot on. Brings back memories of being a bit scared of that part of the film when I was little.