Jim's Hillbilly Halftrack

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Brilliant. I love it. Another masterpiece in your own distinctive style.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Jim

I can honestly say that since joining this forum I have never seen you do a bad model.

In fact I've never seen you do a good or indeed a very good one.....bear with me!!

Everything I have seen you do, regardless of genre, time period or 'location' has never been anything other than modelling at its very best......and this is the same.

Very, very well done indeed.

ATB

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Fabulous model Jim. Very well executed original idea. Great weathering as well. Not sure about Hillbilly though. Grandpa will never hear no banjo over that growl ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
It's got to be the
View attachment 460926

Congratulations Jim
Have you anything like this in the timber business ?

Thank you John, it is an honor to once again be hanging another set of danglers in their prestigious place of honor. ;)

You know, some years back I did entertain the idea of acquiring an M3 "rolling chassis" sans motor and some other essentials.
But life being what life can be, it never came to fruition for various reasons.
Now that I am retired I am too-tired to contemplate such a project, hence my modelling fantasies at times.
This is my fourth attempt at a "homemade" halftrack. Remember the other three?

100_9485 (5).JPG100_9487 (2).JPG100_8240 (3).JPG100_8243 (3).JPG100_0944 (4).JPG100_0941 (4).JPG

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Jim

I can honestly say that since joining this forum I have never seen you do a bad model.

In fact I've never seen you do a good or indeed a very good one.....bear with me!!

Everything I have seen you do, regardless of genre, time period or 'location' has never been anything other than modelling at its very best......and this is the same.

Very, very well done indeed.

ATB

Andrew
Thank you ever so much Andrew, your overly kind words are indeed wind beneath my wings.
They give this old codger reason to move on to yet another project and I do thank you more than you could ever know.
Be on the lookout for my next installment, a dio of mostly figures, not my forte because I hate doing figures (not very good at them).
I feel I do need to challenge myself with this one. the scenario will be a hastily contrived German medical aid station with at least
a dozen figures. It will be called "There Will Be Blood" in my usual overly dramatic atmosphere :rolling:

Some pics upcoming, stay tuned.

Jim.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thank you John, it is an honor to once again be hanging another set of danglers in their prestigious place of honor. ;)

You know, some years back I did entertain the idea of acquiring an M3 "rolling chassis" sans motor and some other essentials.
But life being what life can be, it never came to fruition for various reasons.
Now that I am retired I am too-tired to contemplate such a project, hence my modelling fantasies at times.
This is my fourth attempt at a "homemade" halftrack. Remember the other three?

View attachment 460994View attachment 460995View attachment 461003View attachment 461004View attachment 461005View attachment 461006
Jim I remember the last two, not sure about the first .
The planned diorama sounds great, just a thing with bodies and death , right up your street .

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Many folks were unaware of why US WWII prime movers had two spare tire assys. & extended hubs. You've illustrated their use admirably. Is that an abbreviated M114 chassis?

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Jim I remember the last two, not sure about the first .
The planned diorama sounds great, just a thing with bodies and death , right up your street .

yeah, I was not planning to include any dead, figured I did not want to exploit that aspect too much in my work.....but if you insist ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Many folks were unaware of why US WWII prime movers had two spare tire assys. & extended hubs. You've illustrated their use admirably. Is that an abbreviated M114 chassis?
Thanks Paul, yes that is a shortened M113 APC running gear. I've got another in the stash.....hmmmm.

Jim.

First Name
Hong
I love the weathering and especially love the negative offset of the double-wheels. Very creative.