Jim's ICM Chevrolet G7107 - 1/35

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
First off an apology to Dave, Ian, Tim, Andy, Mick and Sjors for such a late acknowledgement of your posts. There's no excuse really although I have got some awkward personal issues that need sorting.

Anyway progress. The cab is together. The fit was pretty good although getting the parts all lined up took some frustrating fiddling about. A little filling needed on the roof. I cut sponge masks for the windows. I also fitted the small parts like the mirrors, lights, front bumper etc. I hope I don't knock them off but I hate trying to fit parts after painting as I always seem to get glue marks.
P1070472.JPG

P1070473.JPG

Primed with MRP black which gives a lovely finish to work on.
P1070474.JPG

I also checked the fit of the rear deck and primed that along with the seats, the grill protector and the fuel filler pipe which looks as if it's going to be a b****r to fit.
P1070475.JPG

P1070476.JPG

I do appreciate your posts. Thanks guys :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very little time at the moment but progress has been made.

Managed a coat of MRP Blue. Attaching the rear to the chassis was very awkward. Very small attachment points which were hidden and hard to reach. So upside down with weight and left overnight.
P1070477.JPG

Very fragile but went OK.
P1070479.JPG

P1070480.JPG

P1070481.JPG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just had a catch up on your build Jim. Looks like a great kit. Odd seeing one in blue but it looks good!

The spare wheel... should that have the half-shaft cover still? If you look all the wheels are the same. (The front wheels are just turned around so they dish inward). If you look at the close up where you show the sprue attachment, If you drill out the hole so it is the size of the low bit inside the ring of bolts then drill out the bolt holes.
Hope you find or receive the drive shaft.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Ian - how right you are :thumb2: Luckily so little of the spare shows that it won't look too bad.

Well I'm calling this done. All the weathering was done using oils and pigments. Thanks Pete for organising the GB.

P1070482.JPG

More photos in the completed builds.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Ian - how right you are :thumb2: Luckily so little of the spare shows that it won't look too bad.

Well I'm calling this done. All the weathering was done using oils and pigments. Thanks Pete for organising the GB.

View attachment 494292

More photos in the completed builds.
Wow superb Jim nice original touch sorry only just found it but a good read from start to finish . Dave

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Same here Jim, just found the thread too. Took some reading and glad ICM sent you the part. Great finish and did I say armour vehicles wouldn't look good in blue? I take it back...it does look good.

Cheers,
Wabble