John's Raspberry Ripple Hunter

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone I've licked my raspberry ripple and it's now finished.

The kit was from Revell 1/72 part of a job lot and came with no decals so I had to raid the spare box.

A great kit which fell together nicely and comes highly recommended . Paints from vallejo and finished and sealed with Klear floor polish/wax .A great sig build idea and I really enjoyed it thanks for looking and any comments left cheers John.View attachment 114760

View attachment 114761

View attachment 114762

View attachment 114763

View attachment 114764

View attachment 114766

View attachment 114765

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top job john , it looks the business . Ive heard great things about this kit and youve really done it justice . That paint job looks mighty tricky but you nailed it , and the base looks excellent too , great build cheers tony

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
that was quick!

one of my fave aircraft ever, that came out really nce

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work John ,looks great your done a fine job ,well done ;)

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Fast work, time for another?! I was going to take some photos of the Hunter at FAST for you but you made quick work of this.

Very nice.

D

dubster72

That's an excellent build John! It looks bigger than 1/72 & the base sets it off perfectly :smiling3:

It's making me want to raid the freezer for ice cream!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nice work John , I was expecting some hideous stripy paint job when I read the raspberry in the title lol

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
John,

I love your work on this. Do you have any more info for the build itself? I was hoping that those involved would be able to share our successes and disasters with recreating this scheme.

There's plenty of time for another one!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
John,
I love your work on this. Do you have any more info for the build itself? I was hoping that those involved would be able to share our successes and disasters with recreating this scheme.

There's plenty of time for another one!
The build was simple it's a kit that goes together like a dream a credit to revell so no problems or disasters there. The scheme to be honest was very simple just careful masking using tamiya masking tape. Finished of in klear floor polish/wax. I'd love to do another but I'm already behind on the group/sig builds.

Just like to add I really enjoyed this one and it was a good idea and I'm happy that I took part cheers john.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
The build was simple it's a kit that goes together like a dream a credit to revell so no problems or disasters there. The scheme to be honest was very simple just careful masking using tamiya masking tape. Finished of in klear floor polish/wax. I'd love to do another but I'm already behind on the group/sig builds.
Just like to add I really enjoyed this one and it was a good idea and I'm happy that I took part cheers john.
Thanks John.

This paint scheme will be a challenge for me.