Johnsons Klear

A

andyroo

Hi all I`ve looked everywhere for this stuff! Does anyone know who stock`s it. I`ve tried Tesco. Wilco and B&Q to no avail Please can you help!!!

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
It seems that people do have problems getting this, it's been a while since I've bought it but Morrisions had loads of it but after reading this it might not be available.

Hi folks,

Just a quick heads up on a possibly alarming piece of news.

Johnson's Klear,or Future as it's known in the states, may be being discontinued in the UK and possibly worldwide.

I sent an email to S C Johnson in the UK, commenting on the poor availability of Klear from the major supermarkets.

I also brought to their attention the use by modellers worldwide.

Here's the reply I was sent...

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding the availability of Klear.

We do not hold a listing of which outlets stock our products as it is constantly changing. I can advise you this product is now only sold in Wilkinsons and Robert Dyas.

The product may be discontinued and at present is under review.

Thank you once again for taking the trouble to contact us and I hope this has helped.

Yours Sincerely

Michelle Ind

Customer Service Advisor

SC Johnson

So for those of us who use it I would suggest stocking up with a few bottles first and then maybe firing off an email to SC Johnson asking them not to discontinue it.

They can be contacted in the UK via this link...

http://www.scjohnson.co.uk/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=6301

...or in the USA via...

http://www.scjbrands.com/contact/

Source

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
It seems that people do have problems getting this, it's been a while since I've bought it but Morrisions had loads of it but after reading this it might not be available.

Hi folks,

Just a quick heads up on a possibly alarming piece of news.

Johnson's Klear,or Future as it's known in the states, may be being discontinued in the UK and possibly worldwide.

I sent an email to S C Johnson in the UK, commenting on the poor availability of Klear from the major supermarkets.

I also brought to their attention the use by modellers worldwide.

Here's the reply I was sent...

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding the availability of Klear.

We do not hold a listing of which outlets stock our products as it is constantly changing. I can advise you this product is now only sold in Wilkinsons and Robert Dyas.

The product may be discontinued and at present is under review.

Thank you once again for taking the trouble to contact us and I hope this has helped.

Yours Sincerely

Michelle Ind

Customer Service Advisor

SC Johnson

So for those of us who use it I would suggest stocking up with a few bottles first and then maybe firing off an email to SC Johnson asking them not to discontinue it.

They can be contacted in the UK via this link...

http://www.scjohnson.co.uk/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=6301

...or in the USA via...

http://www.scjbrands.com/contact/

Source

P

Plastickitbasher

I got mine from Morrisons but I would think all the big supermarkets will have some just look in the house hold cleaning section

Johnson 030090 Klear 500ml: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

Johnsons Klear Floor Shine 500ml Bottle Delivered Worldwide Britstore

Klear Floor Shine 500ml

Hope the above is of some help

Last edited:
A

andyroo

Thanks for the help guys I`ll try Morrisions tomorrow failing that I`ll use the links.

:regards:

A

andyroo

Yahoo I got some from Morrisons (they had plenty too!!) Thanks for the help guys! didn`t know that I`d feel so happy shopping at Morrisons!!!!! :grinball1:.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well done, I hope you have stocked up. There seems to be a consensus that Klear will yellow in time so keep it in the dark. I have a couple of two year old bottles that I've kept in the loft and couldn't discern any yellowing when compared with a newly purchased bottle. I don't of course know how old that "new" stock was so this is not exactly rigorous science!

I would also advise against returning any unused Klear to the bottle at the end of a session,just put it in a different air tight container. Remember that it will gradually thicken up when open to the atmosphere. I read somewhere of a chap who had had some for so long he described it as being as thick as white glue and even better for fixing canopies and making instrument dial faces!

Cheers

Steve

K

kev67

I tried my local Hardware shop, they had loads. Also if you are spraying Klear its best to mix it with some window cleaning solution such as Windoleen as long as its the clear stuff, as the Vinegar break up the surface tension and stops you getting small droplets on your model, if you are brushing it on make sure you cover your model from dust. I normally spray a couple of mist coat on for decals when dry and the decals are on I give it a couple more coats.

J

joeborg

\ said:
Hi all I`ve looked everywhere for this stuff! Does anyone know who stock`s it. I`ve tried Tesco. Wilco and B&Q to no avail Please can you help!!!
hi there mate you probably have got some by now but l bought a bottle of klear rom my local sainsburys if thats any help

joe