Ju 87 G-2 Stuka Hasegawa 1/48.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It's a tactical marking for aircraft from Luftflotte 4. http://simhq.net/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/525435/ULTRA_messages_about_Luftwaffe.html

Yellow Chevron Marking

From ULTRA decrypt HP 1207 of September 1944:

"Early 22nd [september 1944] Luftflotte 4 appreciated that on Rumanian front 'the enemy' was operating German aircraft in some cases with German markings. In order to identify German aircraft with certainty additional recognition markings in yellow paint ordered for Bf 109, FW 190, Ju 87, Ju 88, Ju 188, Hs 129, He 111 and Do 217. 40 cm ring around fuselage in front of wings. Lower side of port wing, whole width of wing a Victor [yellow chevron] open towards direction of flight with an angle of 45 degrees and arms 25 cm broad. The arms of the Victor to be carried over leading edge of wing to upper side for distance of 60 cm to permit recognition from above also. Completion to be reported by early 25th, from then on all above aircraft not carrying new markings could be fired on at 30 km distance from front."

A

ajcmac

\ said:
It's a tactical marking for aircraft from Luftflotte 4. http://simhq.net/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/525435/ULTRA_messages_about_Luftwaffe.htmlYellow Chevron Marking

From ULTRA decrypt HP 1207 of September 1944:

"Early 22nd [september 1944] Luftflotte 4 appreciated that on Rumanian front 'the enemy' was operating German aircraft in some cases with German markings. In order to identify German aircraft with certainty additional recognition markings in yellow paint ordered for Bf 109, FW 190, Ju 87, Ju 88, Ju 188, Hs 129, He 111 and Do 217. 40 cm ring around fuselage in front of wings. Lower side of port wing, whole width of wing a Victor [yellow chevron] open towards direction of flight with an angle of 45 degrees and arms 25 cm broad. The arms of the Victor to be carried over leading edge of wing to upper side for distance of 60 cm to permit recognition from above also. Completion to be reported by early 25th, from then on all above aircraft not carrying new markings could be fired on at 30 km distance from front."
Thanks for the information. It's always good to know how the marks appear and why them appear.

Then decals applied over a layer of Acqua Gloss. After one wash and the matte clear.

And is near the end. Glue the pieces, paint the antenna and the propeller and some wear on the paint.

Regards

ajcmac

A

ajcmac

Steve and Poluz

Thanks for following :smiling3: .

To finish the model miss me the propeller, the support of the machine gun and the machine gun and the pitot tube. All painted already just missing some paint wear.

All other pieces already glued.

Regards

ajcmac

A

ajcmac

Thanks Joe and Francesco:smiling3:.

Finished gun.

The smoke exhaust pipes.

Missing the pitot tube, antenna and propeller. All painted already just missing the matte clear.

Regards

ajcmac

0ne48thtel

Just caught this one and I have got to say it it looks stunning.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It really is a great build, look forward to the completed thread.

Z

Ziper_it

I pushed the "like" button as this is the only one available in tapatalk. Will change it to great build once back at my PC.

What matt finish did you use? And do you get the same finishing with other varnishes?

Francesco

M

mobear

well i just put mine in the bin :oops:,if it ever saw what a nice plane you built it would just melt,so i stopped the plane from melting and just threw it out lol,this is lovely the camo looks so crisp and soft to look at,well played

mobear ;)

A

ajcmac

I want to thank everyone for following, for your comments and for the help provided. To all my THANK YOU :smiling3: .

I thought I had finished the model. I took the pictures and then I realized it was missing four small pieces. The mass balance. They are already painted gloss clear with only the wash and the matte clear.

The photos.

Best regards

ajcmac

A

ajcmac

I want to thank everyone for following, for your comments and for the help provided. To all my THANK YOU :smiling3: .

I thought I had finished the model. I took the pictures and then I realized it was missing four small pieces. The mass balance. They are already painted gloss clear with only the wash and the matte clear.

The photos.

Best regards

ajcmac

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Outstanding work Antonio, one to be proud of.

D

dubster72

Super stuff Antonio, your work is of the highest quality! How you maintain the panel line shading is an inspiration to me.

Cheers

Patrick

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Beauty Antonio, fantastic build build and finish.