June 6th 1944 trouble over Normandy ! GET THAT FOCKE!!!!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
To be honest Alan, it is a good effort for something that didn't come off as you imagined it should look like. I like this and think it has turned out better than you hoped.

There is drama there, the low level flying at speed, the smoke and flame, the possibility that the Spit could be taken out by the Focke exploding or getting damaged itself and then being forced to crash land-it is all there mate. The only crit is maybe thin down the trees in height as they look too over big for the planes, imagine the scale of the pilot stood next one. But, and I mean this mate, a cracking dio and one that I enjoyed looking at.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks chaps glad you like it :smiling3:

Si this is really a test piece to do something similar but in 1/72 scale , maybe if I'd made it a little bigger and had them flying over the treetops it might not look so out of proportion

I think I'm 80% pleased with it in the sense of can it be done and yes it can maybe when I'm done with the things I've got coming up I'll have a crack at it in 1/72 who knows :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Thanks chaps glad you like it :smiling3: Si this is really a test piece to do something similar but in 1/72 scale , maybe if I'd made it a little bigger and had them flying over the treetops it might not look so out of proportion

I think I'm 80% pleased with it in the sense of can it be done and yes it can maybe when I'm done with the things I've got coming up I'll have a crack at it in 1/72 who knows :smiling3:
Well, as a test piece it has worked well and in 1/72 it should work even better. It is all a learning curve, put it this way, if you or I was that good at model making all the time non of us would need sites like this.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice one Alan, I like it.

Tony.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Well, as a test piece it has worked well and in 1/72 it should work even better. It is all a learning curve, put it this way, if you or I was that good at model making all the time non of us would need sites like this.Si:smiling3:
May be I'm being a bit hard on it a bit it could be worse it could be in the bin lol

The thing I've got in mind for the 1/72 is more simple so it will ok

As you say we can't get it right every time :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
May be I'm being a bit hard on it a bit it could be worse it could be in the bin lolThe thing I've got in mind for the 1/72 is more simple so it will ok

As you say we can't get it right every time :smiling3:
I know that feeling mate, had my share of stuff that has gone wrong and doesn't look right, it has ended up in the bin in the past. Now I just keep for spares or do a crashed version lol.

I think even the best modeller has bad moments and stuff just go according to plan.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I reckon if you replaced those 1/72 'planes with 1/48 or even 1/32, it would look fine. It's the scale of the tree branches etc compared to the 'planes that looks odd to me. Other than that, this is a good dio. with a good story.

Gern

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I reckon if you replaced those 1/72 'planes with 1/48 or even 1/32, it would look fine. It's the scale of the tree branches etc compared to the 'planes that looks odd to me. Other than that, this is a good dio. with a good story.Gern
The scale is 1/144 Dave not 1/72, I reckon though 1/72 should look okay.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Apologies folks! I thought the 'planes were 1/72.

I still think I'm right about the mismatched scales though. Some bigger 'planes will make this look really good.

Gern

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I know that feeling mate, had my share of stuff that has gone wrong and doesn't look right, it has ended up in the bin in the past. Now I just keep for spares or do a crashed version lol.I think even the best modeller has bad moments and stuff just go according to plan.

It's a learning curve mate :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
It's a learning curve mate :smiling3:
Yep, and some folk, like me, just struggle up that curve lol.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I actually think it's the hedges that are throwing the scale out, I have a massive ash tree in the garden and if you put four of those together then it to scale in my opinion

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I actually think it's the hedges that are throwing the scale out, I have a massive ash tree in the garden and if you put four of those together then it to scale in my opinion
Maybe get the hedges not looking so scraggly, try and shape them a tad more, use some PVA and mix with the foliage and then form into small but more square-ish. It could be that they are looking to flat and sprawling.

N

noble

Alan, i like it Scott a suggestion if i may, get some fine fishing line and attach it to the spitfires guns, then attach it to parts of the 190 and air brush clear red paint in random flashes to make it look like gun fire. hope you don't mind the suggestion .

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Alan, i like it Scott a suggestion if i may, get some fine fishing line and attach it to the spitfires guns, then attach it to parts of the 190 and air brush clear red paint in random flashes to make it look like gun fire. hope you don't mind the suggestion .
Cheers. That sounds like cool idea I might look into that :smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A cracking little diorama Alan even if your not completely happy with it. It's got action and a great story