Junkers Ju 52/3M 1/72 Heller Kit - Where Eagles Dare

F

Fenlander

It has worked out very well. Tricky conversion and very tricky paint job. You have made a cracking job of it.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi derek , great job of a tricky aircraft to model.The camo looks excellent, and a nice unusual subject too ,well done . cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I was following this in your "under construction" thread. Good to see that it has turned out so well. Nice job,I've got the bit of the film when the Ju52 is flying over snowy terrain running in my head now!

Steve

C

Caledonia

Hi Gents, Thanks for viewing the model and your kind comments. If anyone is interested the kit is still listed by the company below, although I bought mine at Netmerchants.

HE80380 Junkers Ju 52

The only hard part was the camo, because of the corrugations it was not possible to pecil in where the olive green should go, so ended up taking a few prints off of the WED unofficial website screenshots. Some of the wing was a bit of guess work, as none of the photos showed this in any great detail. Can strongly recommend the Decal sheets mentioned previously. They worked fine with Micro Set, I put some Micro Sol on also to see if there was any reaction, but there was not any problem. If you plan to make this model then Plastic Weld or equivalent is essential. I also used it for fixing the Cockpit Window, without any fogging or other product.

For my next project I am building a Kit that I bought at a nearby model shop, walked past it a few times, then finally weakened. Its the 1/48 Hasegawa Royal Navy Phantom F-4K, I am going to make it the 001 serial XT858. In 1969 it held the world record between New York and London when it took 4 Hrs 46 Min. I photographed it at Lossiemouth that year. As you may know in 1974 the SR-71 Blackbird beat the record by doing it in an unbelievable 1 Hr 54 Min 56.4 sec. Thanks Derek

Last edited:
N

noble

Derek mate what an outstanding job sir i like it a lot, now all you need to work on is the dio excellent work sir keep it up.

scott

C

Caledonia

Hi Scott, Thanks for the words of encouragement, but will pass on the dio, and leave them up to you clever Tank guys with the superior painting skills. Derek

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
This is great Derek. I'm very much OOB type of person, but love it when the boundaries are pushed a bit (by someone else!) I'm off to youtube to see if I can find the aircraft in action. Once again nice one.

Colin M.....

C

Caledonia

\ said:
This is great Derek. I'm very much OOB type of person, but love it when the boundaries are pushed a bit (by someone else!) I'm off to youtube to see if I can find the aircraft in action. Once again nice one.Colin M.....
Colin, Thanks for your kind comments, when researching the Aircraft I found the Screenshots in the website below very useful.

Where Eagles Dare - the unofficial homepage

Also the best video clip I found on YouTube for viewing the aircraft was the escape sequence, see link below.

Thanks again for viewing. Cheers Derek

I

ian lanc

Now that looks great and is alot better than seeing the normal camo' Junkers.

ian