'Just Hanging Around' 78th FG P-51D 1/48 scale.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Well Wibble , I found the whole
episode to be most reassuring . The fact that even you of all people should have problems when building a kit enables me to carry on attempting to build .
Yours Wobble
Aaaaawwwwww!!!!!!! come on, anyone can have a bad hair day...... And Neil, stop encouraging him.....:tears-of-joy:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Mike wish you would have just walked away from that beautiful build I feel like you think you are racing to finish it. Hope you reconsider the build even if you don’t finish you can always go back and pickup where you left off later I’ve seen people do that here and there’s nothing wrong with it. Maybe try CA glue to beat those landing gear into remission I’ve done it many a time CA glue it propped it up and walked away from it for awhile came back after a short time and all was well. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Mike, just had a read through......."bad luck" does not come close to describing how you must feel. I hope you can pick up the pieces and carry on. I'm looking forward to your next build. ;)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Mike

Sorry completely missed the start of this. That's turned out beautifully. Obviously sorry to hear about the undercarriage problems.

Hope it works out ok.

ATB.

Andrew

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Mike wish you would have just walked away from that beautiful build I feel like you think you are racing to finish it. Hope you reconsider the build even if you don’t finish you can always go back and pickup where you left off later I’ve seen people do that here and there’s nothing wrong with it. Maybe try CA glue to beat those landing gear into remission I’ve done it many a time CA glue it propped it up and walked away from it for awhile came back after a short time and all was well. Just a thought.
I did, but when I came back the legs had somehow grown a life of their own even though the whole thing was jigged up so that I thought it would not move - I'll kill that bloody ghost. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JR