Karls 1/48 Eduard Hellcat (Late)

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
I was originally going to do a Tamiya Corsair, but having just built a different version have decided they fall together too quickly so have instead opted for this slightly meatier kit.
IMG_20230423_164121.jpg
Not the highest parts count but still more than I would of had with the Corsair.
IMG_20230423_164204.jpg
IMG_20230423_164226.jpg
IMG_20230423_164311.jpg
IMG_20230423_164348.jpg
IMG_20230423_164242.jpg
IMG_20230423_164433.jpg
One of the clear parts has broken away, if it's damaged it will force my hand to whether the cockpit is open or closed.

And of course being a ProfiPack there's some extra goodies, resin main gear wheels, painted etch for the cockpit and regular etch for the engine loom and bomb/rocket fins.
(And course canopy masks to keep @The Smythe Meister happy.)
IMG_20230423_164509.jpg
IMG_20230423_164549.jpg

There are a few bits not on the sprues, these are actually the gun barrels, but fortunately the previous owner got a set of Master turned brass barrels.
IMG_20230423_164731.jpg

Nice big geometric shapes on the decal sheet, I'll probably make my own masks to do these bits.
IMG_20230423_164644.jpg

And being the big kid I am I'm going with some death and destruction.
IMG_20230423_164826.jpg

All ready for next Monday, which is a holiday so should be off to a flying start. Except I'm away for work and shall be working on the Monday (Can't say no to the overtime.) So it'll the Friday before I can put cutters to plastic

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I was originally going to do a Tamiya Corsair, but having just built a different version have decided they fall together too quickly so have instead opted for this slightly meatier kit.
View attachment 479937
Not the highest parts count but still more than I would of had with the Corsair.
View attachment 479938
View attachment 479939
View attachment 479940
View attachment 479941
View attachment 479942
View attachment 479943
One of the clear parts has broken away, if it's damaged it will force my hand to whether the cockpit is open or closed.

And of course being a ProfiPack there's some extra goodies, resin main gear wheels, painted etch for the cockpit and regular etch for the engine loom and bomb/rocket fins.
View attachment 479944
View attachment 479945

There are a few bits not on the sprues, these are actually the gun barrels, but fortunately the previous owner got a set of Master turned brass barrels.
View attachment 479946

Nice big geometric shapes on the decal sheet, I'll probably make my own masks to do these bits.
View attachment 479947

View attachment 479948

All ready for next Monday, which is a holiday so should be off to a flying start. Except I'm away for work and shall be working on the Monday (Can't say no to the overtime.) So it'll the Friday before I can put cutters to plastic

Cool. Got a different version in the stash, so will follow with interest!

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Thought I was going to get home last night, client on this job adjusted the spec so it got finished yesterday instead of running on until next Thursday.
Informed our planning team on Friday and they found a job handy to the hotel, starting tomorrow morning. So no work today, not worth driving home, stuck in a hotel on a BH monday, local model shops closed, closest show is model rail and 100 miles away.......
At least they'll put the snooker on in the bar here but cheapest pint is €6...........

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
View attachment 479937
View attachment 479938
View attachment 479939
View attachment 479940
View attachment 479941
View attachment 479942
View attachment 479943

View attachment 479944
View attachment 479945

View attachment 479946

View attachment 479947

View attachment 479948

Missed this earlier,
Looks cool,and a nice array of "extras" too. :smiling3:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
These Eduard ProfiPACK kits are usually pretty good and with the extras are good value too. That blue plastic is a bit bright!
Look forward to how this goes.

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
These Eduard ProfiPACK kits are usually pretty good and with the extras are good value too. That blue plastic is a bit bright!
Look forward to how this goes.
I think the white balance was thrown off by the spilled blue paint.
dead.jpg

Last edited:

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
You're all putting me to shame......anyway long weekend to take advantage of and it looks like I'm working local for a week or two so I might catch up.
IMG_20230505_200941.jpg

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Nothing like a bit of PE in the morning to wake you up and get you ready for the day..... Derrick Errol Evans MBE will be proud, though I don't think this is the PE he means.
IMG_20230506_081240.jpg
Cockpit now all ready for the paint shop and then some smaller PE to do, but that'll all have to wait as my unpaid taxi work is starting soon......

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
That’s a tough test for your eyes on a Saturday morning :surprised:

Mission accomplished though, looking good :thumb2:

Geoff.

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Another early PE session and trying a new approach with these Eduard layered cockpits.
Usually I use CA to glue them all together, avoiding the dial faces on the lowest layer, then come back and add glazing to the dials with Micro Kristal Klear.
Today I am painting the lowest layer in an even coat of Kristal to glue and create glazing in one step.
Don't know why I haven't tried it before.
IMG_20230507_070659.jpg

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Interesting, not to mention "nice"! ;)
Hadn't thought of doing that before either, although I've not done that many of these yet.
I'm guessing there's a few additional controls to add to that column?

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Interesting, not to mention "nice"! ;)
Hadn't thought of doing that before either, although I've not done that many of these yet.
I'm guessing there's a few additional controls to add to that column?
57 bits of etch in this cockpit.......12 for the harness alone.