Langy's, Academy 1/48 Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Right guys, The obligatory sprue shots,
And upon close inspection the panel lines and detail looks perfect, no flash on any parts.. loads of delicate rivet lines that look perfect in register,
the detail on some of the pieces are well done, weighted wheels,
the assembly according to the destructions looks straight forward, there's also some clever engineering going on in here, for example: the drop tank is fitted using polly caps, that allow you to swap it out with 'in flight stand' although the stand isn't included, as is the prop.
It also includes parts for folded wing tips and the wing flaps are fitted with two sets of tabs that allow you to set them either up or dropped by removing the tab you don't need...

So later today, (after I've painted the fence panels around Castle langy). I'm hoping to start throwing this together...

A.jpg

IMG_8129.jpg

IMG_8128.jpg

IMG_8130.jpg

IMG_8132.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Certainly are some nice details Chris :smiling3:
As for the "soft" pilot,I think he looks ok,and as you say, definitely workable,more so than the crew of my Avenger.... cos there ain't any!! :sad:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Certainly are some nice details Chris :smiling3:
As for the "soft" pilot,I think he looks ok,and as you say, definitely workable,more so than the crew of my Avenger.... cos there ain't any!! :sad:
I'm already toying with swapping him out for a standing figure... although the price of aftermarket ones is shocking to be honest..

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
... although the price of aftermarket ones is shocking to be honest..
It certainly is mate, I've been looking for seated crew for a while..... 7 or 8 quid for ONE in general :sad: ....
That's plain robbery imho,last night I took a punt on a set of 6 3d printed US ones for a tenner,they look a bit ropey from the pics... But we'll see. ;)

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
And we're off...finally !! lolz

Cockpit 99% built..
Nearly ready for a splash of paint...although there seems to be a complete black hole surrounding the actual cockpit colour...I'm probably going with Tamiya's cockpit green.. lightened up a tad....unless anybody else knows the correct / close colours to use... :thumb2:
IMG_8160.jpg

IMG_8161.jpg

IMG_8159.jpg

IMG_8162.jpg