large skydiver

S

shado control

hi all

im new to this forum have been building models for a few years now. and today got my hands on the large skydiver from mamas. am looking forword to building it got a few ideas of what of what i want her to do but will have to see how it pans out will post some pics when i start her.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi mark welcome to the forum, looking forward to the pics, im sure a lot of people on here will have great memories of UFO and all the other gerry anderson shows, he had a real talent for making up cool looking vehicles didnt he? cheers tony

F

Fenlander

Welcome Mark, have to say I didn't know what a "Large Skydiver" was, other than a very big person jumping out of a plane.... What is really good about this forum is the diversity of subjects that people are interested in. This gives a chance for people like me to see things I would possibly never have seen or get interested in. Look forward to seeing your work. (What is a Large Skydiver???? What was UFO????? What have I missed?????)

T

thegrimreaper

post is a bit old now but sorry Fenlander but what planet have you been to " (What is a Large Skydiver???? What was UFO????? What have I missed?????) " only one of the best Gerry Anderson programs EVER

a sky diver never mind the large bit was a sub with a fighter type aircraft on the front that was detachable for deployment to shoot down U.F.O`s if they got past Moon Base and entered earth atmosphere after being

tracked by S.I.D. (Space Intruder Detecter) was a very futuristic program

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
S.I.D. (Space Intruder Detecter) was a very futuristic program
I remember moon base being staffed by,what to me at the time seemed,some very foxy young ladies wearing apalling nylon wigs! Much better than puppets !

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

I have had a sheltered life, now I am nearly old enough for sheltered housing... ah well, perhaps in the next life ;)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You don't know what you missed Graham. The UFOs of the title made the weirdest noise (no proper synthesisers then) and even more mysteriously they made that noise in the vacuum of space! It was all terrific fun and as someone else said above the models were as good as you'd expect from the Anderson team.

Unfortunately I've reached an age at which I can't seem to get those nylon wigs out of my mind.

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

Thinks like that seem to stick in my mind too Steve, don't know why, a bit like Toya Wilcox hair styles from many years ago, never can forget them.........