Lee Drennen’s 1/32 Chevrolet Bison truck

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice one Lee, thought about scratch building a pair of stacks?
Rick I’ve thought about that several times and I think that’s the route I’m going to take. Thanks for the complement

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Lee, great build, cannot wait to see the others.
Thanks Mike. Glad you stopped by. I have Kenworth Aerodyne Cabover in this scale just about done too. I’ll post it when it’s finished

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
headache rack though?
Tim a “Headache Rack” is the thing behind the Sleeper that holds the Chains and Binders. In the old days when my Dad Truck they very seldom used straps like now. These chains would make a awful noise slapping against their holders that would give you a headache so that’s why the Truckers called them “ Headache Racks”.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That looks great Lee. There is something about these American trucks. There is something romantic about them, probably due in large part to C&W singers like Boxcar Willie.
Jim thanks for the complement. Yes Trucks and Country Music seems to go together. When I ran my own Truck a 1979 International Cabover you could see the rear mudflap in the mirror there was nothing like watching the wheels and the Mudflap swaying back and forth to the Steel Guitar on my Stereo going down the Highway. That was True Truckin. Here’s you a picture of my old truck I used to own C9B7961D-C578-4883-94B5-516244E1B9EA.jpeg

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Wow Lee that’s an impressive looking truck. The paint job looks brilliant. After building one recently it’s really got me wanting another go but already got a big project on after the current Mosquito gb
Thanks Mick. There fun to build in any scale. Maybe this winter you get one started I would like to see that

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That looks great Lee, nice touch with the tarp on the sleeper top.

Andy.
Thanks Andy. I was going to fill the holes and leave it off but I decided to put it on. Glad you like it.