Lee Drennen’s 1/72 Revell TPz 1 Fuchs Eloka “Hummel”/ABC

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You may not be able to do the Eloka EW version w/that top. It will depend on how much clearance they provide for the antennae array as it goes over the left rear hatch & the turret provision areas.

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
You may not be able to do the Eloka EW version w/that top. It will depend on how much clearance they provide for the antennae array as it goes over the left rear hatch & the turret provision areas.
Paul I think I have a option with the tops I’ll post the one I’m going to use. I’ll probably will no be doing the Dessert Storm one through not this time.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
As seen here, the German Fuchs Eloka antennae array, and extra cooling for internal electronics necessitates a different top. The Fuchs Eloka above without left rear & central hatches top and std. German Fuchs top below.
100_3596.JPG

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Great start Lee lets hope the first of many ,like I say these small parts are no smaller than the small parts on a 35th just there's lots of them ,if you do build some more the only advice I would give would be to stick with Revell or Italeri for a bit as there pretty pain free though the up to date Zvezda stuff is bang on as well. Dave

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
As seen here, the German Fuchs Eloka antennae array, and extra cooling for internal electronics necessitates a different top. The Fuchs Eloka above without left rear & central hatches top and std. German Fuchs top below.
View attachment 476265
Thanks Paul for the lg work and pics. When I get time I’ll post the options that I have that came with the kit.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great start Lee lets hope the first of many ,like I say these small parts are no smaller than the small parts on a 35th just there's lots of them ,if you do build some more the only advice I would give would be to stick with Revell or Italeri for a bit as there pretty pain free though the up to date Zvezda stuff is bang on as well. Dave
Dave after my years working on 1/72 through 1/35 Millitary the other day when I was working on this I realize that these small pieces would be like putting the fine details on a 1/35 scale. I have both 1/72 Revell and Italeri kits I like them both and probably just stay with them. I hope to building more in this scale now that I can concentrate on them without the white noise in the back ground from stress.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My word Lee that alone is worthy of the Dogs.
Looks a bit much for me, so will sit as near as possible so I don't miss anything.