"Lil' red tomato"

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice, neat build Theuns. What a diddy aircraft and that's one complicated towing mechanism!

Great job.

Ron

M

mobear

really really nice build there theuns,love the weathering on it

mobear

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks great Theuns. A bit conspicuous,no wonder he had it repainted ASAP!

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top build theuns ,excellent job on the red , nicely weatherd and highlighted . Its a nice little kit isnt it , ive got one in the stash ,but dont know whether to do it in captured british markings or the 2 seater version in captured soviet markings. Ron , the towing tractor was called a Sheuch Schlepper , try saying that after a few cans of Boddingtons!!!! cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Tony, Sheuch Schlepper......Is that Boddington's for....."Quiet woman, fetch me my slippers!"

Sorry for the small highjack, Theuns.

Ron

W

wbk666

nice work

it must have taken a special sort of person to fly what is basically a chemical explosion waiting to happen.

T

TonyBv9

Nice job. What a great value kit, too.

It must have taken an even more special kind of person to sit in the back seat of the tandem version.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
That's one real neat job Theuns it looks great in Red.

Vaughan

T

T. van Vuuren

Thanx lads. Fun it defenately was to build. As I understand the refulers were allowed to only fuel one tipe of the 2 part fuel as the vapours traped in their clothing would ignite if mixed!

The pilot also had a chemical suite with fresh O2 supply as the fuel vapours were extremely hazardous.

A 163 in RAF or Russian colours would be interesting, I just did the red for a local IPMS chalange (and it was the easiest to do LOL!)

Theuns