Long grass

N

noble

:gooddoggy:Ok folks a few of you have asked me what i used for the long grass in my RE arming dio, simple go to your local material shop and get some of that long fake animal fur, you know the kind they make cushion out of all you do is cut it to shape and glue it down. Once dry trim it to the length you need it then spray it to look like winter or summer grass. I have also tried adding a pond in the middle and i have to say it looks kinda cool once all of your rocks and stones have been added.

scott

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is a great tip which I may use in the next GB!

Thanks Scott

:terrific:

Paul

S

sniperiain

what about human hair?

if you get some blonde hair, like mine, and had it in about 1.5 inch lengths, you could clump it together and die it in green hair die, or even thinned paint! Then put a dab of PVA down and poke the clump into it. then once you have the desired size, thickness of grass, trim it unevenly to the right size.

ill give it a go and let ya'all know, but i like the idea of using the animal fur simply because its easy to get hold of!

N

noble

Hi iain i suppose you could use human hair but it would need to be washed first cheryl tweedy recomends pantenpro v why....cause its worth it..lol sorry mad moment fake animal fur is easier due to it being mounted on backing material already but deer hair is another valid alternative.

scott