Lost kitty found!

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
This little monster went missing for about 6 months. I've absolutely no idea how she got out other than she was here one minute and then she was gone!

Grabbing a few kits I have in the house today, from a 'for sale’ stash, to wrap and post out, I noticed the box she was last seen in. Wondering why on earth I would be selling a kit I had already started, I popped the box off the shelf. It soon became apparent by the weight alone that the contents were still inside. Voilà, elle est là

I best finish her up, so she doesn’t go walk about again! Now where did I put that barrel……….

20210427_215213.jpg20210427_215553.jpg20210427_214507.jpg20210427_215119.jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
One piece or two Los??? Plenty of barrels to choose from if you can't find it. You do have to finish this though, as the start is really fine!!! Is the Zimmerit yours or from the kit? I also hope you have the rest of it, road wheels and such........

Prost
Allen

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
Effective muddiness. Looks to be a beauty.
Cheers paul. I'm hoping I can do it justice..... if I can locate the rest of the kit
Thanks Andrew
One piece or two Los??? Plenty of barrels to choose from if you can't find it. You do have to finish this though, as the start is really fine!!! Is the Zimmerit yours or from the kit? I also hope you have the rest of it, road wheels and such........

Prost
Allen
From recollection it was the kit's plastic barrel so what ever that was it was the correct one for the tank I am making. Zimmerit is from Monroe Perdu. They make a set specific for this Meng kit. Bit hit and miss TBH. Looks good and lays down nice with PVA if you prime the model first, but... difficult to shape over anything but a totally flat surface.

Still searching for the rest of the kit. I did paint the wheels and have weathered the metal tracks but where they are is still yet to be determined :rolling:

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
I have since found pics of both wheels and tracks fitted so they must be somewhere! Unfortunately, the barrel is still not present on it! I have another part-built Tamiya JP so I'm wondering if I have been comparing them and have put the parts safely away so I wouldn't misplace them:surprised:

Oh the joys of not fully completing projects:tongue-out3:

IMG_4302.JPG

Last edited:

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Ahhhhh! the song of the lost kit/build.... While you are looking around can you see if you can find my three packs/bags of AFV Club working Centurion track links, and would you believe it when I went shopping for some to replace the lost ones - no one has any. Luckily I still have a set around.
But the build looks great, and it should be finished and displayed.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Sorry to butt in but have you checked a certain fat ladies behind? The last time she had her lost puppy wedged there by accident. :tears-of-joy: ...I really have to ease on my building...too much glue sniffing.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble