M10 LEND LEASE BY ACADEMY 1/35 AMBUSH .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You're right Tim and Paul, It was only a matter of time before Dude 2 broke out the fire stick!!! Damn kids today!!!...I just hope he still has some of his eyebrows left over...

Prost
Allen
Dude 1 I was dressed in ,latex (sorry wrong forum) full fire proof protection , there was no harm done to either me, the cave or surrounding area. ;)
I knew it was too good to last, Matron is on her way John!
Arh Dear Matron, I shall eagerly wait her arrival Graeme.

WOW John its great to see you back to your old self with a bit of fire on the go brilliant modeling as for a minute thought you given up on matches lol
chrisb
Never Chris.

Sorry guys...Even after 6 weeks in PA (Pyromaniacs Anonymous), he just went back to his old ways...No hope anymore as it's in his DNA...
Unfortunately Dude1 the meeting rooms were destroyed by fire , that was the reason why the PA closed .

He does make a fine job of burning stuff though. Years of practice of course.
Pete
True indeed Peter.
You'll really have to stop smoking "Old Shag" in that pipe of yours. You'll set the whole house on fire with the sparks one day and Mrs R will not be pleased.
Looking good John :thumb2:
Jim , the days of me being allowed a pipe are back in the annals of time . Mrs R would not be pleased you are very right !!!!!!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well that was enjoyable reading the posts , made my evening .
Tomorrow I intend to fix the remaining tiles,bearing in mind there would have been many dislodged , so will take time to do .

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well that was enjoyable reading the posts , made my evening .
Tomorrow I intend to fix the remaining tiles,bearing in mind there would have been many dislodged , so will take time to do .
Don't forget to only fix every third row if you have to climb up for repairs you can slide tiles up and use battons as foot holds :tongue-out: :thumb2:.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening all .
Much has been achieved in the last few days, some very tedious like cutting 15 mm lengths of timber for windows. They are still in work.

Did the roof on the house.2022_7.jpg

2022_6.jpg
Those wisps of glue from the uhu are annoying, taken one lot off before the painting, and there are more !

2022_5.jpg
Used AK set for the timbers, as they are in the dark the colour stays roughly the same as new .

2022_4.jpg
Managed the ridge tiles , used very thin Pewter, also on the flashing.Hopefully those tiles on the right look as if the hit on the roof has caused the timbers to jump and thus dislodging the tiles.
While I had the cheap acrylic paint out I did both buildings their first coat.

2022_2.jpg2022_3.jpg
Mainly dry brushed, will need to go over the whole area again with other colours.

Monday saw the corrugated sheets get a coat of steel, applied with the AB, I'd already painted them with metal primer MR HOBBY and some dark and rust colours. This time I sprayed across the sheet. this coated the tops , leaving the rust in the folds.

C& C welcome, thanks for looking in.

John.

Attachments

• 2022.jpg
    2022.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 4

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Much has been done, but a very slow process. Takes time to create damage . Still more painting to be done.

2022_7.jpg2022.jpg2022_2.jpg2022_3.jpg2022_4.jpg2022_5.jpg2022_6.jpg
Last two photos are of rubble , first was the remains of roof tiles, then the brick work.This when dry will have dry brushing to show the differing colours of the brick, also some mortar. think next time I do some dipping in to paint I will leave the material on a tile and not paper .

Thanks for looking in C& C welcome .

John.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
453. Excellent stuff. Great to watch it all come together.

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

That's looking fantastic.... And that was just the fire!!!:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::blow-kiss-2::blow-kiss-2::blow-kiss-2::blow-kiss-2::blow-kiss-2::blow-kiss-2:

In all seriousness sorry for getting behind on this John. It really is coming on beautifully!

Hope all is well with you otherwise?

ATB.

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
453. Excellent stuff. Great to watch it all come together.

Thank you 570, easier joists to lift ;)

John

That's looking fantastic.... And that was just the fire!!!:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::blow-kiss-2::blow-kiss-2::blow-kiss-2::blow-kiss-2::blow-kiss-2::blow-kiss-2:

In all seriousness sorry for getting behind on this John. It really is coming on beautifully!

Hope all is well with you otherwise?

ATB.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew.
Yes all good thank you.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening Mr Race, Hope all is well at Race towers?

Seems I missed a big chunk of your build so have had a good catch-up!

Very much liking the roof and the damage is already looking very good. Thought you’d been a bit quiet but its obvious that you have been busy :thumb2:
All coming along nicely :smiling4:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
great result John!
Many thanks Neil .:thumb2:

Keep it comin' JR.....nuthin' you can't handle, once you get yer rope around it! ;)
Indeed Rick .

Evening Mr Race, Hope all is well at Race towers?

Seems I missed a big chunk of your build so have had a good catch-up!

Very much liking the roof and the damage is already looking very good. Thought you’d been a bit quiet but its obvious that you have been busy :thumb2:
All coming along nicely :smiling4:
Evening young Si, all well here.Hope the gang are ok and getting ready with their Christmas lists .
Thank you for commenting .

I like what you’ve done to the place :smiling3:
Thanks Jakko .:smiling2:

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Wobble

I knew it!!! Left you alone for five minutes and you set the place on fire... Did the therapy and anal-ist not do any good???

Looks really good now you are getting to the detail stages, it was touch and go there for a minute, but you overcame.

Is it ok now for me to stop laying across the bench to view your work...

Wibble

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wobble

I knew it!!! Left you alone for five minutes and you set the place on fire... Did the therapy and anal-ist not do any good???

Looks really good now you are getting to the detail stages, it was touch and go there for a minute, but you overcame.

Is it ok now for me to stop laying across the bench to view your work...

Wibble
Wibble , I'm afraid that the therapy just didn't work.They showed building's on fire , which I applauded. The analyst was so upset he went out a bought me a box of luifers. Yes you can now sit and put the fire extinguisher down .

Some pretty awesome stuff there John.
Thanks mate.