M60A1 Rise

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Mick,
This looks great as it is buddy. Am I safe in saying you will tear it apart a bit for the hydraulics and etch or did I miss something??? Could be brain cramps again......
Prost
Allen

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Mick,
I remember the plumbing, but I didn't remember the etch. Getting old sucks I guess. looking good!!!
Prost
Allen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mick
I remember this well. I also remember how you were "persuaded" to "improve" the kit :thumb2::tongue-out2: It is looking exceptionally good though. Love the wife's humour - mind you a good sense of humour is probably an essential when living with a grown man who sticks bits of plastic together in his spare time!
Jim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Mick,
I did laugh at the ‘ouchy’:smiling5:....enough to make yer eyes water! Nice work with the paint, looks super smooth:thumb2:
Bring on the weathering!
Si

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
They don't like it up em Captain!

A terrific paint job Mick. You must be pleased. Look forward to the weathering

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Thanks Si and Steve. This is the first of this type of tank I've built but really like the look of it. Takes me back to the days at school when I used to draw them as this was my standard tank shape :smiling3: Hopefully more progress real soon so I can move on to my Merkava salvage project.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Coming along very well there Mick,
MikeC.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
If I may pick a very minor nit: this isn’t an M60A1 RISE but an M60A1+ :smiling3: The RISE variant looks pretty much the same as a standard M60A1, the + is the USMC version that’s basically an M60A1 RISE/PASSIVE* with ERA panels added.

Regardless, the model looks very good. I wish I’d plucked up the courage to build the plumbing for a dozer tank like you did, back when I was building a fair number of M60s quite sometime ago.

* RISE/PASSIVE is basically an M60A1 RISE without the searchlight but with more modern night vision equipment.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Mike C and Chris many thanks
Jakko thanks for that I just copied what it said on the box :smiling::smiling: shows how much I know