M923 Hillbilly Gun Truck????

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
M923 Hillbilly Gun Truck????

I'm seriously thinking of buying this one ......... But, I've never ventured into an "Italieri" kit .......... It has some very mixed reviews good and bad and there seems to be a bit of a concensus that their aircraft are good but their vehicles are a bit lacking. ........ It is supposedly a recent / new mould ....... Does anyone have any experience with this kit or any other Italieri vehicles ????

View attachment 103947

hillbilly.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I've done there 1/35 hummer Peter not a bad kit at all. To be honest with your skills you should have no problems

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
I've done there 1/35 hummer Peter not a bad kit at all. To be honest with your skills you should have no problems
Thanks Ian ............ I guess it's another one for my stash then. I really need to stop buying the damn things and get on and build some ........... The trouble is I keep stumbling over bargains :smiling3:

Peter

First Name
Aaron
Ive built 3 old kits from them 2 maultiers and a horch, all had wonderful fit so no complaints from me. Oh there was an issue of the rubber from the tyres melting the plastic sprue but it was a 70's kit and i had no idea of how it was stored.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks nice Peter,will look forward to seeing this one, ;)

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Thanks All ......... I just have to wait for the postman to do his thing with it now :smiling3: .

Peter

J

jono

\ said:
Thanks All ......... I just have to wait for the postman to do his thing with it now :smiling3: .
Peter
Peter, I recently done a "Tamiya Boxed" Self Propelled Howitzer, Which was a Re-boxed Italeri kit & was well pleased with the kit.

John.

B

Bunkerbarge

\ said:
Peter
I take it you mean jump all over it, play football with it, get the doberman to fetch it, that sort of thing?

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Peter, I recently done a "Tamiya Boxed" Self Propelled Howitzer, Which was a Re-boxed Italeri kit & was well pleased with the kit.
John.
Thanks John........ I'm looking forward to seeing this kit.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
I take it you mean jump all over it, play football with it, get the doberman to fetch it, that sort of thing?
That's the one Richard ..........but you missed the "Drop kick of the parcel over the side gate in the pouring rain) :D

C

chris2681

Italeri kits have always been good quality in my opinion. Ive built a bunch and never had any problems. Only thing to lookout for is that Italeri imports for zvesda. Meaning the box may say Italeri on it but in the bottom corner it may say zvesda. If that's the case then stay away but if its truly made by Italeri then it should be a great kit.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Italeri kits have always been good quality in my opinion. Ive built a bunch and never had any problems. Only thing to lookout for is that Italeri imports for zvesda. Meaning the box may say Italeri on it but in the bottom corner it may say zvesda. If that's the case then stay away but if its truly made by Italeri then it should be a great kit.[/Q
\ said:
Italeri kits have always been good quality in my opinion. Ive built a bunch and never had any problems. Only thing to lookout for is that Italeri imports for zvesda. Meaning the box may say Italeri on it but in the bottom corner it may say zvesda. If that's the case then stay away but if its truly made by Italeri then it should be a great kit.
Thanks Chris ............... As far as I can see from the photos it's 100% Zvesda free ........ Just waiting on the postman to drop kick it over the gate.

Peter

C

chris2681

\ said:
Thanks Chris ............... As far as I can see from the photos it's 100% Zvesda free ........ Just waiting on the postman to drop kick it over the gate.
Peter
Well its definitely a cool kit , I ve seen this one a lot on ebay and have many times considered throwing a bid on it. Anything gonna towed behind it? View attachment 104073

Looks like perfect mate here. :D
upload_2015-3-21_8-2-59.jpeg

S

steve scan

This is a genuine Italeri kit, I believe there were some accuracy issues with the original model of the M923 kit but if you are not a rivet counter it will be great, I have been tempted by this one for a while just not taken the plunge.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
This is a genuine Italeri kit, I believe there were some accuracy issues with the original model of the M923 kit but if you are not a rivet counter it will be great, I have been tempted by this one for a while just not taken the plunge.
Thanks Steve,

I believe the only real inaccuracy that I'll worry about or sort out is the kit shows and has a wooden planked truck bed. But the M923 has a steel planked bed ....... So with a bit of filler in the grain and some sanding it shouldn't be difficult to correct .....

Peter

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Well its definitely a cool kit , I ve seen this one a lot on ebay and have many times considered throwing a bid on it. Anything gonna towed behind it? View attachment 114279 Looks like perfect mate here. :D
To be honest Chris, I hadn't thought about towing .......... When I get to build this thing (and there is a bit of a queue in front) .......... I may well do that

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Well its definitely a cool kit , I ve seen this one a lot on ebay and have many times considered throwing a bid on it. Anything gonna towed behind it? View attachment 114279 Looks like perfect mate here. :D
I think the M198 would look good ............ It folds up a treat for towing.......... I'm going to keep a look out nd see if I can get a kit for a reasonable price.........

View attachment 104098

View attachment 104099

m198a.jpg

m198.jpg

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I WANT MORE KITS!! WAAAAA!!!!! :sad:
Who am I kidding? with spring comes logging, garden prep, equiptment maintenance, Houses need work and what ever else Momma can think up for me to do, I'll be lucky if I can make a dent in the stash! :eek::oops: