Mark1's academy 1/35 lvtp 7.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Mark,
I did the HobbyBoss AAVR-7A1 about 5 years ago ( this has a big crane on top ). Pretty much the same externally, but - It did however have a complete interior.........................
View attachment 450361
HB Top deck & hull You can tell it was a long time ago - that cutting mat is pristine!
Dave
I have the hobby boss aavp7a1 in the stash, looks like a nice kit.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good to make that recovery Mark, happy days ahead then .

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's a lot of links. They look ok with reasonable attachment points..... Although that looks like some horrible sink marks.....

Turned out well though.

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
The bane of the armour modeller writ large right there……slow and steady wins the race though Mark.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Separate-link tracks are always fun … That left one looks a little slack, though — can you still remove one link from it, or is everything stuck fast?

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
That's a lot of links. They look ok with reasonable attachment points..... Although that looks like some horrible sink marks.....

Turned out well though.

ATB.

Andrew
Cheers Andrew, yeah they went together no problem but the sink marks are horrendous, they will most likely be filled.... with mud!

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
The bane of the armour modeller writ large right there……slow and steady wins the race though Mark.
Getting there Tim, need to give myself a kick up the arse ! Mojo has been lacking a bit recently.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Separate-link tracks are always fun … That left one looks a little slack, though — can you still remove one link from it, or is everything stuck fast?
Hi jakko, instructions show one pic with saggy tracks and one with tighter tracks so went for some sag! Wasn't sure how many links to use as all the instructions are in Korean which is useful!! Not worried to much with accuracy as this kit is lacking that in abundance,it's not even going to have the correct decals as I can't find any, have found two flags about the right size but minus the anchor.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Korean uses Arabic numbers :smiling3: Which makes me think you need 80:

Academy LVTP-7 track link assembly.png

I thought I’d look up the real number, but Jane’s Armour and Artillery doesn’t mention it. AFVDB does, though: 84 links per side. Though, of course, whether the model also needs that many is the question — the kit parts may be too long or too short, and that number of 80 makes me think they’re too long. Which would not be unusual for Academy, their M113 track links are also noticeably longer than they should be.

As for the decals, maybe you could ask on some forums if someone has the HobbyBoss kit with the Argentinian decals, but built it as a Korean or Italian vehicle, and so has the decals spare? Long shot, maybe, but you never know.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mark
Well done with one side of the track. The number of links needed does vary. Sometimes one side needs one less than the other but both look identical :rolling:
Jim

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Having seen all those track links, I'm so happy to be an aircraft modeller.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Korean uses Arabic numbers :smiling3: Which makes me think you need 80:

View attachment 451351

I thought I’d look up the real number, but Jane’s Armour and Artillery doesn’t mention it. AFVDB does, though: 84 links per side. Though, of course, whether the model also needs that many is the question — the kit parts may be too long or too short, and that number of 80 makes me think they’re too long. Which would not be unusual for Academy, their M113 track links are also noticeably longer than they should be.

As for the decals, maybe you could ask on some forums if someone has the HobbyBoss kit with the Argentinian decals, but built it as a Korean or Italian vehicle, and so has the decals spare? Long shot, maybe, but you never know.
Hi Mark
Well done with one side of the track. The number of links needed does vary. Sometimes one side needs one less than the other but both look identical :rolling:
Jim
Having seen all those track links, I'm so happy to be an aircraft modeller.
Thanks guys, I'm not even counting the links,if it look OK to me then that'll do!
Don't blame you Colin I think my next build will have wings or tyres, no more track links for a while.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi all, well after an absence for a while I've managed to get some done on this now, made a new gun barrel,not perfect but the plastic one wasn't good at all.
It's all primed and will be getting some colour soon:smiling:hoorah.20220523_144511.jpg20220523_144454.jpg20220523_175921.jpg20220523_180040.jpg20220523_175851.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking good Mark. That first bit of primer is a bit of a mile stone in any build.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mark
Nice to see some primer on this. It's been a bit of a journey and is looking the part. Gun is much better than the kit part.
Jim

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Good stuff Mark :thumb2:

The replacement gun barrel is a big improvement on the original.

Geoff.