Master Box 1/35 US. 101st Paratroopers. France 1944....and a soul in need.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
All looking excellent Ron, although those last two look seriously hacked off about something! Did they miss the buttie van?

Andy, these two bozos tried a new vaccine which was supposed to clear their '90 degree twice' affliction, with unfortunately negative results.
They are pictured being taken back to their billet, and yes, they do look "Hacked Off"......Wouldn't you? ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
570 .
Nice work, but bit concerned about the first guy as it looks as he's holding a house brick in his hand, and the picture of the woman looks like she about to fend off the said brick.

Regards.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry 453.
It is supposed to be a lump of cake, or rations of some description.
I'll set up the better poses for the figures over in 'Completed' sometime in the future.

However, based on your most excellent observation, and without further a do, I shall set about tweeking them! :flushed:

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Last two....
P1380063.JPG

P1380065.JPG

P1380066.JPG

P1380064.JPG

I'll post up the final pictures over in 'Complete' asap.

Thanks for your encouraging and humorous posts along the way.

Cheers.
Ron

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Remember you asked me about painting the dust caps on some 1/300 cars some years ago?

Just checking. Did you paint the end of that guy's cigarette?
Don’t know about painting it? I’d expect an LED fitted in there to give it the required glow…..looking good though, highlighted by the usual excellent photography.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Remember you asked me about painting the dust caps on some 1/300 cars some years ago?

Just checking. Did you paint the end of that guy's cigarette?

The chap in question rolls his own smokes. Unfortunately, when he climbed up on to the tank for the photo shot, he inadvertently squished his fag, so there is no need to paint the end of it as the 'baccy' is now hidden inside the Rizla paper.........23/1

Next please!

Thanks for your nice post too,Tim.

Last edited:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
The chap in question rolls his own smokes. Unfortunately, when he climbed up on to the tank for the photo shot, he inadvertently squished his fag, so there is no need to paint the end of it as the 'baccy' is now hidden inside the Rizla paper.........23/1

Next please!

Thanks for your nice post too,Tim.

Doohhhh! Burned again! :sad: But not by that guy's ciggie obviously!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
570 .
Nice work, but bit concerned about the first guy as it looks as he's holding a house brick in his hand, and the picture of the woman looks like she about to fend off the said brick.

Regards.

'specially for you, 453.
I snapped off the woman's wrist and turned it through 180 degrees. Then I re-shaped and painted the 'Brick' to resemble a crusty bit of bread. Easy fix and well worth it.

The figures look far better now and thanks for prompting a re- think. :thumb2:

P1380069.JPG

P1380073.JPG

Jim and Dave, Thanks for your latest input.

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
'specially for you, 453.
I snapped off the woman's wrist and turned it through 180 degrees. Then I re-shaped and painted the 'Brick' to resemble a crusty bit of bread.

Far better and thanks for prompting a re- think. :thumb2:

View attachment 501111

View attachment 501112

Jim and Dave, Thanks for your latest input.

Cheers.
Ron
570 I had no idea how it was going to be shown , but glad it helped you.Not that you need any .

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
570 I had no idea how it was going to be shown , but glad it helped you.Not that you need any .

As your most excellent observation proves, we all need help at sometime or other.
Anyone who thinks he knows everything about this model making lark is best avoided. Sadly such an animal, although extremely rare, does exist. ;)

Reactions: JR