MH-53e, HC-4 Sigonella - Italeri 1/72

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Well, I for one see no imperfections that can't be hidden away, it is after all 1/72 and you have added so many details to an otherwise bland interior. But you have to be happy yourself with it, so onwards and upwards as they say.

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks Joe for the nice words.

I took some time to think, then slowly restarted to work on the model.

No work on the interior waiting for a decision beside attaching the structure on the roof (had to use epoxy glue as, due to the PE weight, cyanoacrylate was too weak) and cut windows from an acetate sheet (tried to recover the ones from the kit but even after a good sanding images were distorted). Then I cut the tail because the opening between the two parts is simply represented by a huge and ugly groove and the hinges in the kit are damaged (hope so) as you can see in the picture below.

View attachment 76965

However, opening the area between the two tail parts would have partially shown the interior and some work was needed.

So I took a piece of placard, shaped it to the tail section, added the needed ribs, hinges, locks and levers, trimmed it for optimal fit and primed it. Few pics to describe the process.

View attachment 76966

View attachment 76967

View attachment 76968

Thanks for looking.

Goodnight,

Francesco

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390691494.384826.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390691857.307403.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390691874.625069.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390691903.982183.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent scratchbuilding Francesco , enjoying watching this , cheers tony

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks Graham, Tony and Joe, really appreciate.

Francesco

Last edited:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Absolutely fabulous work Francesco, this Sea Dragon helicopter is certainly getting the super detail treatment!

Keep up the great work

Paul

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I have said it many times, we are our own worse enemy in crit and spot things we should have done or could have improved but your interior looks superb Francesco as does your all your scratch built parts. Too hard on yourself me thinks. Outstanding detail and painting, looking superb in my opinion.

Si:smiling3:

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks mate.

Here are the originals. Perhaps someone can help me to understand what they are to avoid putting inside the cabin something that should not go in.

View attachment 77129

sorry for the crappy pic, I've taken it from my laptop.
Thanks,

Francesco

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391019646.957856.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
No idea what they are Francesco but yours look just like them !! Excellent scratchbuilding , cheers tony

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just caught up on this Francesco Some great scratch building looking great don't be too hard on yourself it looks fantastic

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks again.

The third guy now looks like this:

View attachment 77173

This will be the main gear box oil cooler that should be installed in the compartment you see in the picture. I said should because for now the plan is to keep all panels closed.

Thanks for looking,

Francesco

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391121751.397884.jpg

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
Thank you guys.I took some pictures of the open cabin, best one below

View attachment 76391

However i'm looking and looking to the pics and the result doesn't convince me: it isn't clean as I wished and there are a couple of things that I could have done better. Yep, the macro is magnifying imprecisions but I know many could have been avoided.

Now I can try to repair (but I know I will make a mess) or close the fuselage as it is (and not be satisfied).

Mmhh, need some time to think.

Francesco
Is this the model, or the real thing:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Super work Francesco, still watching your build here

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Been watching from the wings, and have to say that you are doing a great job here Francesco.

Ian M