Microscale Liquid Decal Film

T

tecdes

Came across this product by accident in reading an article.

Thought it worth an airing especially as very recently a member was having problems with decals disintergrating.

If you have old or poor decals the Liquid Decal Film is applied to the underside of the decal while still on its backing. This gives it a new lease of life. From independant comments it seems to make them new again.

Available on ebay about £3:50.

Anybody used this stuff. First hand experience is always the best.

Laurie

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Laurie, I have used the stuff. It's my weapon of choice when sealing home made decals and does that very well.

I have also used in on a couple of sets of very old decals with a 50% success rate so it is worth a go.

I don't bother spraying it on,as some do,but simply paint it on with a broad brush.

I'll be using it again on the decals for my next project which I'm attempting to whiten in sunlight at the moment,but more of that later :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

C

Cooperman69

How exactly do you apply it then?

I've got some 20 year old decals I'm trying to whiten myself at the moment and I should imagine their pretty fragile by now.

Atb

M

m1ks

Never tried the solution but I posted in here ages ago with pics if a before and after sun bleaching some old yelled decals, worked a treat.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
How exactly do you apply it then?Atb
Just paint it over the decals with a flat brush making sure you get a nice even film.

I can't guarantee it will hold your old decals together,going by my own experience,but I reckon you've got a better chance than if you don't use it.

Cheers

Steve