MIG 29M - 1/32 Trumpeter

F

Fenlander

Looks very nice to me. The camo is nice and soft and very clean, spot on job with the freehand.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a real beauty Derek.

I got the Revell version of this and your build has just bumped it to the top of my 'to-do' list! That's when I've finished a couple of odds and sods first of course. Like my career which finishes the end of this month and the GB which should not take too long as I'm not as ambitious as some of the guys here!

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful job derek, this looks like a really nice kit,and a brilliant job for your first time airbrushing, cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Derek, the paint looks spot on. At 1:32, how big is it ? I'm guessing about the size of my 1:72 Vulcan !

Regards

Colin M.

C

Caledonia

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

Gern, I know what you mean, I have had the Tamiya F16C Block 25/32 1/48 Kit since x-mas, have been dying to do it but it is a very intricate kit, and like you want to get some more experience under my belt. Looking forward to seeing your MIG, are you going to do it 'Under Construction'?

Colin, Its slightly longer, but a shorter wing span. If you want big, try the 1/32 Trumpeter SU-27 Flanker B, have attached a photo for comparison. Forgive the paint work on my Vulcan, it was my pre-airbrush days, it was the size of this model that decided me to buy an airbrush.

Cheers All

View attachment 24949

Size.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Derek,

I'd like to do a full 'under construction' post, but I expect I'll just be doing the highlights. Have to see how my time is going to work out as and when I find a new job!

I too have an F16 to do. Mine's the Academy 1/32 which looks absolutely beautiful in the box. I've read a few reviews which say it's not worth building because of some inaccuracy around the intake - apparently its a millimetre or so too close or too far away from the fuselage. I can't remember which and it doesn't matter anyway, I can't count rivets to save my life!

And I'm certainly not going to waste the £40 it cost me and replace it with a £90 Tamiya kit!

So what's next on your 'to do' list?

Gern

PS I forgot to say I want to do it in the Yellow/Red/Black anniversary scheme as shown in the box art so it's gonna be colourful if nothin' else!

C

Caledonia

Hi Gern, Like you I don't count rivets, as long as it looks like the photo I am happy. When I did my Flanker, the press said the nose was too short etc etc, so what it looks like a Flanker to me. I would like to have a go at an Academy kit some day, they are supposed to be excellent.

What's next - well when I returned to modelling after a break of 45+ years my wife bought me a Revell 1/72 Tornado GR4 (excellent kit), since then I have always wanted to build the F3 Fighter at a larger scale, so my next build will be the newly released Hobby Boss 1/48 Tornado ADV, will post some box and sprue shots in the 'under construction' shortly.

Good luck in the job hunting front. Cheers Derek

F

Fenlander

Dave, have you considered a job as a removal man? I have seen the way you handle big boxes, you would be a natural mate ;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Colin, Its slightly longer, but a shorter wing span. If you want big, try the 1/32 Trumpeter SU-27 Flanker B, have attached a photo for comparison. Forgive the paint work on my Vulcan, it was my pre-airbrush days, it was the size of this model that decided me to buy an airbrush.

Cheers All
Look at the size of that thing !! I can't wait until my kids move out, all that lovely space will be mine !! :muha: Then I can play with the big stuff as well. Anyway, back in my world of 1:72, what next.

Regards

Colin M.......

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Tried it once Graham. How d'you think I know how to handle these big kit boxes?

I'm afraid it's far too much like hard work for an old man like me. I'm looking for summat indoors with no heavy lifting.

Col - You can see the attraction of the bigger scales looking at them like this. Awfully tempting aren't they?

Looking forward to seeing your Tornado Derek.

Gern