Militarum Tempestus Scion , 28mm

D

dougie

\ said:
Told you it wasn't as tricky as you thought!
When you say you couldn't hold the gun and drill at the same time, what sort of drill were you using? A simple pin vice is much simpler than trying any powered drills.
A powered drill for this would result in a trip to a&e! I went into my finger a tiny bit doing discs on a car and I was being 'carefull'

I really fancy a jewellers drill do-dah with the slow speed and foot pedal. No idea how good they are

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Told you it wasn't as tricky as you thought!
When you say you couldn't hold the gun and drill at the same time, what sort of drill were you using? A simple pin vice is much simpler than trying any powered drills.
I only have a big dewalt drill and it's just to powerful for that so I tried my model push one and trying to drill while holding it in your hand was very awkward, I don't have a vice I've never needed one before , but I worked it out in the end :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That explains your difficulty! I certainly wouldn't want to try using one of those. You'll have to add a pin vice and drill set to your next shopping list - you'll be amazed at how useful they'll be!

D

dougie

\ said:
I only have a big dewalt drill and it's just to powerful for that so I tried my model push one and trying to drill while holding it in your hand was very awkward, I don't have a vice I've never needed one before , but I worked it out in the end :smiling3:
A wee vice would be handy. I think I have a small clamping one in the shed I may bring into the house. It can be awkward to use a small pin vice at times

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
A powered drill for this would result in a trip to a&e! I went into my finger a tiny bit doing discs on a car and I was being 'carefull'
I really fancy a jewellers drill do-dah with the slow speed and foot pedal. No idea how good they are
Unless you're doing lots and lots and lots of holes Dougie, I'd stick to a simple pin vice. They're much easier to control and it doesn't really take that long to drill a hole in plastic - and you're not risking the plastic melting, or the drill sliding about and ending up spraying that red stuff everywhere!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
This is an officer and I think it's my best so far not really what I want it to look like but I'm improving:smiling3:

I have layered the coat , one base coat then a wash in the deep creases then a layered top over the creases and finished with a dry brush of the base coat, I still need to practice this to get it better :smiling3:

View attachment 120531

View attachment 120532

View attachment 120533

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg