Miniart 1/16 Musketeer

SteveH

SMF Poster
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

He looks really good, certainly turning an average figure into something quite special.

Looks like the MiniArt curse might be coming to an end?

Have a good day finishing him off

Regards

Steve H

Peter Day

SMF Poster
First Name
Peter
Hi Steve

Not sure I'll be hurrying to do more Miniart figures for the time being!

He's done:

100_3027.JPG 100_3028.JPG 100_3031.JPG 100_3032.JPG 100_3019.JPG

Today it was on to the gear, and as you can see, there was a lot of it - powder flask, shot flask, martingale, dagger, match cord, sword, musket and musket rest. I decided that the kit dagger was just too rough, so I made another from spare bits and pieces, and also replaced the moulded match cord with one made from glue-soaked cotton. The striped cord was made by twisting together lengths of black and white embroidery thread, then soaking it in glue.

Putting everything together was quite fiddly, especially the flasks and cords (the large flask is suspended from the martingale and the cord is tucked into the belt).

Quite pleased with how it's turned out though the modelling of some of the parts was pretty rough and compromised the finish somewhat.

Last edited:

Mickc1440

SMF Poster
First Name
Mick
Considering it's fight at the start you've certainly beaten this one into submission, great job Peter.

John Race

Plastic burner and member of the Rabble
First Name
John
Peter.
Just shows what can be achieved with skill, I'm glad you carried on with this, and turned it into a winner.
John.

Steve Jones

Apprentice Bodger
First Name
Steve
You've got to fight for what you want, For all that you believe, It's right to fight for what we want,To live the way we please

An absolute classic Mick. I am glad I am not the only one who remembers this series. If I recall I would watch White Horses, Champion the Wonder Horse, Casey Jones and Robinson Crusoe all on a Saturday morning along with Flashing Blade:smiling3::smiling5:

Totally awesome figure Mr Day:thumb2: I like it a lot. Very crisp indeed

Last edited:
First Name
Tim
Hi Steve
What scared me a little was that as I read your post I could hear all the theme tunes.......great figure Peter by the way.....oh, and Steve forgot Belle and Sebastien......but I can’t remember the theme tune from that one.....

First Name
Tim
Why thank you sir.....all of them are available on YouTube, by the way. Look out for the dubbed flashing blade episodes, they are pretty funny at times....better stop hijacking Peter’s build thread now though :cool:

First Name
Peter
Great stuff lads. The lead character in Flashing Blade was Chevalier Richie. I remember all the others plus The Singing Ringing Tree and Belle and Sebastian. Does anyone remember Desert Crusader, another French production from the 60s?

Last edited:
First Name
Tim
Yep, remember the singing ringing tree as well, I think it was a bit like Beauty and the Beast, without the songs.....apparently it was made as a film, but cut up by the BBC and shown as a serial....funnily enough they did something similar with the flashing blade, chopping up a four episode series to make twelve parts....schedule to fill and no budget I suppose....I also seem to remember Eastern block cartoons that consisted of people being chased by buildings, but that might be Kia Ora fuelled dreams....

Steve Jones

Apprentice Bodger
First Name
Steve
The strange thing is my wife is four years younger than me and when I talk to her about these programs she thinks I have come from a different planet as she has never heard of them