Missile launch Ohio SSBN project

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice video Neal, if Ebroin is who I think he is then I'm fortunate to have met him and seen his dios up close. One of his rockets went missing from his frigate when displayed with only the rocket smoke remaining in one of our model shows...embarrassing for the organisers.

Cheers,
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Very well done indeed Neal!!!

All the best.

Andrew

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
OMG !!! that has turned out beautifully, as for any suggestions on how to 'make it better'... there aren't any... this to me looks perfect..
an wonderful and thought provoking build.. nice one Neal.. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Wonderful, simply and absolutely wonderful, Neal. :cool:
I got thrills down my spine and some stomach uneasiness when I heard the sounds of the missile launch... this is what I call a realistic model! :thumb2:
My compliments for the video to your daughter too.

Andrea

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
HI Neal pity but the vid wont play on my laptop so im missing it Aaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhh
chrisb
There appear to be a lot of major problems with your laptop and media.
The youtube video should just open in your browser ( same webpage as you are looking at it in ) and play, as should thumbnails expanding to a decent-sized picture when you click on them.
What operating system and web browser are you using, and maybe people can help you sort the problems.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
There appear to be a lot of major problems with your laptop and media.
The youtube video should just open in your browser ( same webpage as you are looking at it in ) and play, as should thumbnails expanding to a decent-sized picture when you click on them.
What operating system and web browser are you using, and maybe people can help you sort the problems.
yes i know Gary there is a lot of probs with it but i dont know how to sort them as im not good on computers my web browser is microsoft edge but at least i can stay on this site if i muck it up then i will have to take in to the repairers then i may be offline for wks an i dont want that chrisb

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Your representation of the launch would be hard to improve on. A very well done model & presentation.
I believe launch hatches would remain closed to limit collateral damage in case of previous launch malfunctions/failures. Other missiles may be "spun-up" in advance, but I believe the hatches would remain closed till "launch imminent". I don't have first hand knowledge of the launch procedure, but that's the way I'd do it.

First Name
Neal
Your representation of the launch would be hard to improve on. A very well done model & presentation.
I believe launch hatches would remain closed to limit collateral damage in case of previous launch malfunctions/failures. Other missiles may be "spun-up" in advance, but I believe the hatches would remain closed till "launch imminent". I don't have first hand knowledge of the launch procedure, but that's the way I'd do it.
Ok, yeah, that makes sense. I was thinking they would need to fire alternating tubes fore and aft to keep trim.