Mistercraft 1/144 Caravelle - F-Dcal Air France Decals

L

linuxyeti

Hi All

Well, after completing my first model in many a year in February, http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/s-m-1-144-viscount-twosix-baf-decals.30011/#post-256447 .I've finished my next one, bit more a challenge this 1 !!

It's the Mistercraft Caravelle, with F-Dcal decals.

So then, after lots of filling & sanding, oh and some filing & sanding, it's finished, anyhow, I am genuinely really happy with how it has turned out. Does show you can make a reasonable model out of the kit.

(I Am actually almost ready to complete my 3rd model of the year !! Unheard of proliferation !! :smiling:, All will be revealed, in a few days time hopefully )

Cheers

Tony

F-BHRV_CARAVELLE_Air_France_1.jpg

F-BHRV_CARAVELLE_Air_France_2.jpg

F-BHRV_CARAVELLE_Air_France_3.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is a superb result Tony......... and such small scale. Well done mate.

L

linuxyeti

Hi All

Thanks for the comments, glad you like it. It was quite a challenging kit, well, to get it to decent fit, and, it was very similar to the old airfix kit as well. I just thought I'd take a punt on it, the decals cost me 3 times what I paid for the kit !!

I do like the caravelle, and I'd be tempted to make another, although, the next one might be a F-Rsin caravelle, well, depending on how well my trident 3 builds up :smiling:

D

Doug Hughes

Lovely. Takes me back to my aircraft spotting days when I was a kid. Freezing winter afternoons when nothing arrived at Manchester airport, mmm...

L

linuxyeti

Hiya

I paths almost certainly crossed then!! The Caravelle that this is modelled on (F-BHRV) I saw at Ringway in August 1979 :smiling3:

Last edited: