MK1 Tank completed

A

AJay

Excellent! I love the way you made your dio to look as though the tank is about to fall into a trench system. 5 big fat *****

Your mud looks very........muddy? What did you use? Hoping the answer isn't the obvious! LOL

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Ajay a very quick reply the mud is made from polly filler you can play about with it for ages before it sets. And thank you for the 5 stars

D

dubster72

I love this! The tank is excellent, and the dio is top-notch. The trench looks great, you can imagine the fear of the defending soldiers as this behemoth was coming at them!

Definitely worth 5 stars & a pat on the back!

Patrick

P

Polux

Great diorama!! The idea is brilliant, and I feel nervous thinking about the fall!!!whooow.....

5* from me too.

Have fun

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Brilliant job ian, loving the sandbags and trench too. The tank looks great in its german markings and the mud is perfect, 5 from me too , cheers tony

S

sprayman

A magnificent dio Ian, and as the other guys say...5 stars mate....great job.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats a great result Ian. One to be proud of and well worth the five stars.

Ian M

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
quality real nice build and the base takes nothing away from the great work you've done on this mk1 5 from me as well

geegad

G

Greg147

Excellent work, Ian, you've done this kit proud. I might have to look into using Polyfiller to make mud as well, as that was the first thing I was going to ask before I saw Alex's post.

One thing that caught my attention though; is the trench perhaps a little on the deep side? It looks like it would be around 12ft. Is that normal? Maybe I'm wrong, just something I thought when I saw it ;)

M

mobear

i would be so scared to build one of these tanks and u make them look, so real first class

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Outstanding build and a great dio Ian 5* all the way.

Vaughan

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for the comments guys. And Greg yes your right about the trench being a little deep, but i didn't go for scale on that just something to show it on. But your point is taken onboard and i will do better on the next one Happy modeling

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A cracking tank Ian, and the base is a nice piece of work.

Great modelling.

Tony.

B

Buttonman

Really nice work, just imagine the terror that must of been in the trenches Hearing then seeing these monsters clancking towards the poor Tommy squinting through the mist.

Have sat in one of ours at Bovington engine in the middle hardly any room and the metal scab's flying of the Body every time it got hit with rounds of many callebers.

Cheers

Martin

C

CDW

How did i miss this one??

Awesome looking machine Ian, plus a nice simply themed diorama that takes nothing away from the tank itself :smiling3:

P

pneupack

Wow nice work love the Mk1 Tank the dio looks brill mate.

:bow:

Robert