Model Collect 1/72 T-90MS

F

Fenlander

Well here it is. A lovely kit to build and paint. Word of warning re the tracks though. Like Dragon DS and some other tracks, these will glue with normal modelling glues. However, as they are delicate, Tamiya Extra thin virtually burnt through them. The white cap Tamiya and, I would imagine, the Revell Contacta etc will be fine, just don't go mad like I did :oops:

All paints other than Stynylrez primer and the steel base for the tracks were Mig Ammo as is the satin varnish final coat.

These kits are a joy to build. The fit is perfect and the detail is excellent for the scale. remember, this little chap fits easily into the palm of your hand.

Would I build another? Yes I would. Am I converted to 1/72? no I am not, my eyes are not up to it but when they fit together as well as this did, it's really no problem.

Anyway, the final pics.

ModelCollect%201-72%20T90MS-43.jpg

ModelCollect%201-72%20T90MS-44.jpg

ModelCollect%201-72%20T90MS-45.jpg

ModelCollect%201-72%20T90MS-46.jpg

ModelCollect%201-72%20T90MS-47.jpg

ModelCollect%201-72%20T90MS-48.jpg

ModelCollect%201-72%20T90MS-49.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Awesome work Graham, I realy liked the build thread to this and this looks stunning realy liking the subtle weathering on the side skirts and road wheels. And to top it all off a simple but very effective base.

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Awesome work Graham, I realy liked the build thread to this and this looks stunning realy liking the subtle weathering on the side skirts and road wheels. And to top it all off a simple but very effective base.
Thanks Ian :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Firstly, that base is really good & a clever idea :smiling3:

The model itself is excellent, very well built & finished. Top job Graham!

D

Deleted member 4539

You have done a fantastic job on this Graham.

The painting and weathering a just right for me and that base is a job well done.

Overall you have created a little gem. :smiling3:

First Name
Robert
This is top grade stuff from you Graham ( really is sublime in the painting weathering and detail. That's something I would be proud of

Well done

Regards

Robert

F

Fenlander

Thanks guys this is one of those that just built itself, nowt to do with me ;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb work graham , its a great looking model and the base is a perfect complement , so are you converted to the miniature side of things now , i know a good few tiny aircraft kits to recommend !!!!! , cheers tony

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Superb work graham , its a great looking model and the base is a perfect complement , so are you converted to the miniature side of things now , i know a good few tiny aircraft kits to recommend !!!!! , cheers tony
Nooooooooo :eek: :eek: :eek:

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Wow that is small, I don't think I'd fancy tackling something like that. In fact I just swapped some 1/72 aircraft as I like adding extra detail/PE ect and couldn't imagine doing it smaller than 1/48.

Anyhow this is a cracker mate so top marks! Love that base too

Phil

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Really nice Graham. It's all very well for you to say the quality is down to the kit, but you still gotta put 'em together and get the painting right - and you've got both of those spot on!

They won't be tempting me though. 1/72 armour is too small for my liking and, despite the obvious quality of the kits, the prices are too steep.

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Really nice Graham. It's all very well for you to say the quality is down to the kit, but you still gotta put 'em together and get the painting right - and you've got both of those spot on!
They won't be tempting me though. 1/72 armour is too small for my liking and, despite the obvious quality of the kits, the prices are too steep.
Cheers Dave. I will not build many 1/72 simply because I struggle with the small parts which applies to 1/35 over engineered kits too. But mainly, I struggle to paint and weather them. I don't agree that they are too expensive, not for what they are. Anyone dedicated to brail scale would love them. Looking over to the display cabinet, I certainly do not regret paying the price of it and just think how much you save in primer, filler, paint and varnish. Only needed the tiniest of drops of paint ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That really is a superb job Graham, nicely presented on that wee base too.