Model experience

A

AerynPk

im 16 and i have been doing models for the past 6 years but i stopped due to family problems i have been bought up by doing modeling thanks 2 my father i have experienced with all different scale and basically just wondering what u people would think about of doing when you have done a certain amount of models that you dont know what to do next like i have said on the forum in the model section that im going to do a vacform 1:48 TSR2 and then my galaxy but i thought that they take a long time so that they can be perfect.

i have basically done a Horten 1:72,Spitfire 1:32,Hurricane 1:32 , vulcan bomber 1:72, f-15E 1:32,phantom F4 1:48, F117A 1:32, couple of star wars models and my latest is a P38J 1:32 in nightfighter coulors and weathering.

B

Bunkerbarge

I think it is very important to realise with modelling that you never actually "do" something and then move on.

Modellers are always learning and developing thier techniques as long as they are doing the hobby and they can always find a suitable challenge in whatever they turn thier hands to. As an example over the years I have made a number of models more than once and each time I was determined to make it a lot better than the previous time.

The modelling world is unbelievably diverse and the range of kits available is almost limitless so it is open to you to decide on what direction you want to go in.

Anyone can suggest a possibility but the subject matter may not appeal to you or it may require tools, techniques or expertise that you may not possess.

I also started with quite a number of 72nd scale WWII aircraft many years ago but then I would turn my hand to anything that caught my fancy. A good way to progress from there and to give you the vehicle to develop many new techniques would be to incorporate the aircraft into dioramas. This will introduce you to weathering, scratchbuilding, figures and modifying standard kits. You are limited by your imagination only.

Maybe try an unusual aircraft variant that will give you the opportunity to modify a kit and put it into a diorama setting that incorporates a building and some support vehicles. I have always thought that the use of a simple base with a bit of road, runway or grass can spectacularly bring a model to life.

Good luck.

A

AerynPk

cheers bunkerbarge that is some great help and that i will consider the base and decide to make one and place models of an take photos of.