Modelling Plans for 2022, what are your plans?

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
First my 'build schedule'....
After completing my 1/32 Cobra attack helicopter within the next few weeks I will be building the following:
Airfix 1/48 Blenheim followed by:
Zveda 1/48 Hind (to participate in the group build)
- Then the following, the order is not set as such and might be amended:
1/48 Trumpeter Wellington
1/48 Mirage Models PZ37B
1/32 Zoukei Mura Raiden
1/48 Revell Ventura
1/48 Tamiya Beaufighter
1/48 ICM Do17Z
1/48 Trumpeter SM79
That lot will probably amount to my production for the coming year, even allowing for my increased time availability and the small
scale builds, but I might get to fit in one or two more and, if so, the 1/48 ICM Ju88 and 1/48 Zveda Pe2 will be the likely kits.

Expected new kit releases for 2022, that we know about, that I will most likely buy are:
1/32 Kotare Spitfire Mk1
1/32 ICM Yak 9
1/32 GWH P40
1/48 ICM Beaufort
1/48 Airfix Buccaneer

There are other releases I might get this year, a couple from ZM, a FW190 and Bf109, then maybe HKM will finally release that Spey Phantom as well and, who knows what else will be released. Overall though, my stash is at a record high of 24 and I really want to reduce it over the coming year which means building more kits than I buy, will I achieve that? who knows....

So, what about you? Any particular plans for the year?

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
My plan is to thin out the lead and plastic mountain. Basically plodding through more Lawn ornaments and some specials. Must be due some cavalry as well, not done any for ages. I want to build and paint at least three boxes full, thinning out the stash a bit. That and producing a KV variant for the Russian group build.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
After completing a good few last year, this is my plan ( pray mat ready )

Next up
1 350 King George V, plus lots of add on's
1 350 pre dreadought
1 350 Bismarck
1 16 StuG G

Of course it will no doubt change lol

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
My plan is not to make any plans! Go wherever my latest interest takes me, or change my mind whenever I please!
I reckon I've finally broken the habits of my working life! I don't feel guilty staying in bed, I treat the weekends just as weekdays, and if I don't finish something - so what! So laid back - I'll be horizontal!:cool:
Dave

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'm pretty much like Mark and Dave. Now that I'm (finally) retired, I can concentrate on playing at the table and not feeling guilty or having any pressure from work. I hope to finish things before jumping to others and revisit some stalled projects that need to be finished. But hey, who knows what will happen. I also hope to finally go to some shows this year..................

Prost
Allen

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I kind of hope to build and finish the Sd.Kfz. 7 I just started, and after/during that the Type 3 Chi-Nu and M29C Weasel as well :smiling3: For the rest, I’m not sure at all — I have a number of things in mind that may or may not get started this year (or ever ;)) including an M4A3 (76 mm) VVSS Sherman, a Churchill AVRE with either a fascine or a bridge, and to finish the Land-Wasser-Schlepper I started some years ago …

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
No schedules for me, but as others have also said, I'd like to build more than I buy. I hope to complete more than the four that I managed in 2021 and improve my finishing technique.

I have a BIG birthday this year and although my retirement plans are underway, I'll likely still be back working a 36 hour, 4 day week from sometime next month after enjoying a two day week over the winter. How long I'll be able to keep that up, who knows?

Nick

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
My plan is not to make any plans! Go wherever my latest interest takes me, or change my mind whenever I please!
I reckon I've finally broken the habits of my working life! I don't feel guilty staying in bed, I treat the weekends just as weekdays, and if I don't finish something - so what! So laid back - I'll be horizontal!:cool:
Dave
I never felt guilty staying in bed - unless I forgot her name ...

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I've a couple more bits i want to add to the stash then thats it I'll be dead before the stash runs out ,any monies I would have spent on plastic will now be invested in modeling tools and photo etch for stuff in the stash.
I'll try hard to do a wingy thing to see what all the fuss is plus maybe a little water line ship ,yes a little one to tight to pay for the big ones have seen some nice little resin ACW pieces.
We all know the above statement is a load of dogs have them (as is a lot of member statements above)so sue me see if I care. Dave

Last edited:

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
In brief:

Finish my Spanish Galleon.
Fit a new floor to our sitting room.
Ship in a bottle.
Set of 12 vintage Revell classic cars.
1981 Williams F1 car.

While knocking these off, I'm learning about (non-military) diorama. It's brand new to me, but I've done enough ships and want to branch out.

Should take me to 2027.