Modelling Plans for 2023

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi All

All change for me. i have closed down Sarnia Miniatures so I can focus on making a dent in the stash.

First on the bench are some SAS/LRDG builds; a jeep and a couple of Chevvys, each with a couple of figures. I hope to complete my 6 Dunkirk 'vignettoramas" by November as well as my B-17, some 1/285 scale diorama, and I am sure at some point I will sculpt a bust. The common thread with all of these is to improve my painting, something which has suffered while I spent so much time sculpting.

i may fail, but I am determined not to but any kit this year!!! (some hope!!)

peter

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Apart from a general clean up in the cave ( yes it does happen ) I need to go though my stash and find a suitable kit. More foam board to order.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I really need to finish my Fusiliers , but I keep getting ideas for new figures. And that all depends on my work situation- I am 'between jobs' at the moment . After that I am going to get on with sculpting the rest of the WW1 6"Howitzer crew that I started in 2021Here
I have loads of other projects planned, some embryonic and some quite well advanced, but I think I owe it to my brother to crack on with the gunners next

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Finish the SS Grenadier, and then look at all the part builds with a view to completion (and there are several!); all being well I think I may well start the M40 150mm SPG. Well, that's the plan at the moment!!
Steve

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I really need to finish my Fusiliers , but I keep getting ideas for new figures. And that all depends on my work situation- I am 'between jobs' at the moment . After that I am going to get on with sculpting the rest of the WW1 6"Howitzer crew that I started in 2021Here
I have loads of other projects planned, some embryonic and some quite well advanced, but I think I owe it to my brother to crack on with the gunners next
Just followed the link back to the howitzer crew figure, and then on back to the sculpting SBS. Completely gobsmacking! Can't wait to see it painted.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
What plans, I didn't have to plan a thing........I'm already booked for the next six months with GB's........who needs to plan when you have it all right here on the Forum? ;)

Ernie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ernie
To finally get my work area all set up and organized
To build all the kits I got at Christmas
To finish as many shelf of doom kits as I can, or at least not add any more to the shelf
To learn and improve my skills, old dog new tricks....we'll see
Quality over quantity....both are rather low :smiling3:
Have fun :thumb2:

Yep, that is more than enough for one year:surprised:

Ancientmariner

SMF Supporter
First Name
James
Some grand plans indeed for all!

I have to find some willingness when i return this time. I anywhere knows anywhere that has any please let me know. Scale Model Shop and all other retailers are right out of "bags of enthusiasm".
In the much reduced stash after selling 90% of it I have:
1/32 F14 - part built which i aim to complete
2 x 1/32 BAC lightnings
1/32 Eurofighter
1/48 Sea Vixen

I really want the Lightnings built but don't feel at the moment I would do these justice. If I have the F14 and Eurofighter done by the end of the year I shall be happy.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry

I have to find some willingness when i return this time. I anywhere knows anywhere that has any please let me know. Scale Model Shop and all other retailers are right out of "bags of enthusiasm".
2 x 1/32 BAC lightnings
1/32 Eurofighter
1/48 Sea Vixen

I really want the Lightnings built but don't feel at the moment I would do these justice. If I have the F14 and Eurofighter done by the end of the year I shall be happy.
Is that the Tamiya or Trumpeter F14? I have built the Trumpy myself and while it has its issues it really builds to a great model.

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim

2 x 1/32 BAC lightnings
1/32 Eurofighter
1/48 Sea Vixen

Love to see a Lightning build……but lack of mojo is lack of mojo…..we all get that from time to time. I sometimes find a cure is to actually finish something. The relief from clearing a long delayed project can reignite the interest.

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I might go completely off the rails with a war of the worlds war machine complete with lights and sound and then the squadron models Hanabreau ii or however it’s pronounced
I also have border models Lanc 1/32 and a hachette Titanic to do as well that should keep me busy for the year

Regards

Colin

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
I'm glad to see this thread revived so I can see my plan is already collapsing. Deviating from my list for 3 GBs.......