View attachment 93531

View attachment 93532

View attachment 93533

View attachment 93534

View attachment 93535

View attachment 93536

View attachment 93537

View attachment 93538

Thought I would start this whilst I'm painting my Airfix Mosquito mk6.Its a pretty good kit considering it was originally moulded in 1966!. It's sat in my stash for almost 20 years.So I thought it was time I built it.Its the 3rd Mosquito in a row Ive done.The first was a Tamiya mk4.The 2nd an Airfix mk6 which is nearing completion.And this will be an all black mk2 night fighter.image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

You will be making them in your sleep soon great start, can I just ask I know it sounds stupid and I will probably think it is when I have the answer, why did you cut the nose off, is it to show the interior details.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
You will be making them in your sleep soon great start, can I just ask I know it sounds stupid and I will probably think it is when I have the answer, why did you cut the nose off, is it to show the interior details.
I cut the nose off because the fuselage is made with a bomber type nose which you fix the bomb aimers window to.So it has to be removed if you want to build the fighter variant with eight guns in the nose.You can see the fighter nose section at the top of the picture in the middle photo.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks to be a good kit for it's age Dave, will watch to see how this pans out. You are Mr Mosquito :smiling3:

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Looks to be a good kit for it's age Dave, will watch to see how this pans out. You are Mr Mosquito :smiling3:
I want to do another Mossie after these three.The Airfix mk16 with two stage Merlins is on my wish list.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Now that looks a beauty daves

Tell me , are those recessed panel lines ?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Eduard or HGW seatbelts always add a beautiful touch to models. Looking good Dave

First Name
Dave
Not much done tonight.I painted and glued in the tail wheel.Then I joined the fuselage halves together.Ive got another pack of 'Master' turned brass .303 gun barrels which I will fit to the nose section before joining it to the fuselage.

View attachment 93704

image.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks to be coming along nicely Dave,do like the seat belts make so much of a diffidence, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for that dave, looks to be coming along very nicely.

First Name
Dave
S

\ said:
Now that looks a beauty davesTell me , are those recessed panel lines ?
Some of the detail is recessed.Not bad for a 1966 moulding!.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
SSome of the detail is recessed.Not bad for a 1966 moulding!.
That's great for that time mate and I've just bought the revell rebox of the monogram mk4 off ebay :smiling3:

First Name
Dave
\ said:
That's great for that time mate and I've just bought the revell rebox of the monogram mk4 off ebay :smiling3:
It's quite basic and the cockpit isn't very accurate.But I made one around 20years ago and can say it builds into a nice model.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
It's quite basic and the cockpit isn't very accurate.But I made one around 20years ago and can say it builds into a nice model.
Thanks for the heads up dave , tbh the office isn't a priority for me as it's all covered up , it will be good to compare this to the tamiya mk4 and see the difference in the tail if there is indeed any :smiling3:

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Thanks for the heads up dave , tbh the office isn't a priority for me as it's all covered up , it will be good to compare this to the tamiya mk4 and see the difference in the tail if there is indeed any :smiling3:
The Airfix and Tamiya kit tails measure about the same.On this one the fin is a couple of mm larger all round.It could be easily corrected with a bit of sanding if your really bothered by it .Im not and am going to leave it as it is.