Monogram 1:72 B-36 Peacemaker.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
At last 'big lump' is completed. Well OK, I missed the nav lights out, I'll sort that later.

Getting some half decent pics of the Blump was a bit tricky just because of the size of the thing. So to help things along, I hung it in a tree.

Anyway, some pics.

View attachment 68917

View attachment 68918

View attachment 68919

View attachment 68920

View attachment 68921

View attachment 68922

View attachment 68923

View attachment 68917

View attachment 68925

And of course, I had to do a bit of a comparison with some others.

Firstly, a 1:72 Boeing P12

View attachment 68926

And then, The Airfix 1:72 Vulcan. The Vulcan will actually fit under one wing of the B-36

View attachment 68927

Well time for something a lot smaller, really a lot smaller. Oh no, I have got to install 'Big Lump' in his hangar before I can say I'm really done. But maybe a beer or two first.

Colin M.....

View attachment 68924

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

9.JPG

8.JPG

B-36 and P12.JPG

B-36 and Vulcan.JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Simply breathtaking colin , i really love this. A fantastic build and paint rescue, it now looks superb , and bloody HUGE!!! great pics too , i love the rear shot of it about to nuke the lawn! Blump has transformed into a beautiful silver bird , top work mate , cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Its BIG. Its Silver and its really very good!

I think you deserve a medal just for taking it on but you deserve more for the build and for the finish. A real top notch job Colin.

Well done. Five stars and bars...!

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a really impressive aeroplane and you've done an absolutely brilliant job with her Colin.

Just make sure you use some real strong cable and a couple of joists to hold her up - you wouldn't want her to pull your ceiling down!

Gern

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superb work Colin, I rushed over as soon as I read it was ready for inspection. The P-12 and Vulcan comparisons are interesting, what a beast this is. Superbly finished, great detailing on the engines and bomb bays, and a fantastic silver finish which can't have been easy to get so uniform. Did it want to weathercock while you were taking the photos? I see a few female helping hands in there.

Now you need to find a place to store the 'lump' :P

First Name
Jason
Wow! That is impressive. Very nice job indeed Colin.

Jason

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What a big aircraft that is!

Great job Colin.

I hope those are not your shoes I can see, old lad......

B

BigZimmo

Hi Colin!!!

Absolutely.........WOW!!!!!!! :smiling3:

You have to increase your home to accommodate this model? ;)

Greetz

Stefan:cool:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks chaps for having a look. When I started I thought it might be a good idea to have a B 52 along side the B 36. Well that may still happen, but not for a very long time - working around the 'Blump' has been a bit difficult from time to time. But then again, Telford isn't far away, it could be a good time to pick up another big plane.........oh no, here we go again.....................

Did it want to weathercock Joe ? Well when I got up nice and early, the air was still. By the time I had managed to hang it in a tree, the wind was blowing! So yes, you'll be glad to know, Ron, daughters 1 and 2 were called in as ground crew to help with handling. Hence the shoes weren't mine, then again it is the weekend !

So, the last job Dave is to locate the joists in the garage and get a pair of hooks up. Something tells me I need to make sure the hooks go into wood and not just the plaster board ceiling. Does anyone know what the standard distance between joists is ?

C

Caledonia

Sorry I missed this one Colin, I have always fancied doing this model. You have done a truly magnificent job, great build and excellent paint job - top marks. Cheers Derek

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh Wow Colin that some super bird,and really impressive, great job :D

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Big n beautiful the biggest model plane I've ever seen fantastic work Colin and don't forget Cosford in April so if you are in a rush for another big bird you don't have to wait for the Telford show

S

spongtastic

Amazing, for me just to get a consistent paint finish over something that size would be an acheivement. I can remember one of my friends building one of these about 25 years ago , I had the the monogram B52/X15 kit which was ok if you want another biggy, and if you can still get it!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks for the interest Lads and Lady. This was a model I remember from my childhood and decided one day, it was time for a B36. I looks huge and it is. It now lives hanging from my garage ceiling. Yes Ian, I think a B52 would be suitable company for the B36 in the garage. Maybe I can be tempted at Cosford.

Colin M..