Mossy TR33

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Once again I sit and wait. I went to start the decals yesterday and the last of my type C roundels fell apart on hitting the water. So rather than cock it up, I have ordered some more and will wait. I did get the Vac formed cockpit cut out without any misadventures.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just a quick up date. I got the decals I needed from John. Once again great service. Ordered them Saturday night and got them in the post yesterday!!! Thanks John.

I am apparently number blind! I did the serials on the underwings last week, it was some that I had printed my self.

When I went to do the serial numbers on the fuselage I almost feinted! I am doing TW 270 what did the decals say... Yep! TW 720 Oh bugger! Spent an hour removing them all and started again.

I think I will give up decals soon!!!

Any way. Serials changed. Roundels on and now drying.

View attachment 70037

Painted some of the loose bits and they are now ready to be added after the decals have been locked down.

Ian M

IMAG1177.jpg

First Name
Dave
That's looking reply good Ian.ive got 3 1/48 Mossies in my stash.After looking at my superb Tamiya kit I don't fancy making the others (Airfix and Monogram)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Dave.

I will tell you what. The Airfix Mossy builds very nicely and if its the one with the US recon mossy on the box its a good one to have as it has the two stage Merlin nacelles.

Makes for all kinds of cross kitting options. Oddly enough the Airfix and Tamiya parts are almost interchangeable. In fact I am after an Airfix one again....

Ian M

First Name
Dave
Might be able to help you there.Depending on cost of posting From UK to Denmark.Its not the box you mentioned though.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm not sure how I managed to completely miss this. Anyway it's been fun reading through the thread and seeing the progress. It's looking really good now, despite a few trials and tribulations.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
No OK thats not the one I am after. But many thank for the offer,

I think that my local pusher has one in stock...

Thanks again Dave.

Ian M

First Name
Dave
Actually,I don't really mind because I will probably make it anyway.My Tamiya is the mk4, so this will look good next to it.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for the comments chaps. Nice to know people are watching.

Mossy now drying under a coat of paines grey oil paint. Should be ready to rub off tomorrow...maybe later tonight, nice and warm today.

Ian M

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A little catch up / revision here for me. I'm sure I've said before the Mosquito is probably my favourite aircraft. This Sea version looks lovely. You're doing a great job Ian.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just so you know that I haven't forgotten this one..

View attachment 70735

View attachment 70736

Just got the wings and props on. put the wing fold locking handles on. Five times actually! The antennae wires where also being very uncooperative!! Got the buggers to stick in the end!!! Just got to find the nav lights and get those on. Then I can try repairing all the small paint damaged by clumsy fingers and CA spots that are a bit shiny.

So I think this is thread is pretty much wrapped up and the finished build will appear in the completed section in a day or three. I got a couple of days off soon but also some front discs that need changing on one of the cars. Real car that is!

Ian M

IMAG1189.jpg

IMAG1190.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking excellent Ian , the FAA colours really look good on the mossie , i always fancied doing the meteor f3 in the Navy evaluation colours - sky / EDSG . looking forward to seeing the pics , cheers tony

A

AJay

That's awesome, Ian! I absolutely love the folded wings (saves on shelf space, too!)

First Name
Dave
What a great looking Mosquito.I like the folded wings.