Moto guzzi v10

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Moto Guzzi V10 Centauro

Engine assemble was quite straight forward as was most of the kit only real issues were the engine mounting in the frame very tight with the carbs in place (although imposable to fit after the engine is in, I tried) swinging arm was the next issue not really hard but required the use of an extra hand which I don’t have!! to line up the screw holes, shock absorber and floating drive shaft.

That said the rest of the kit was fun to build

My only dilemma was stripping the chrome plate or leaving it on? So I did a bit of both and at the end I had kind of wished I had stripped it all but that’s life

Painting was straight forward and the build looks better than I thought it would, so quite happy to allocate a place in the cabinet

This was my first road bike and it looks a bit out of place in the cabinet in its defence it is a one off special as I suspect all Moto Guzzi are – (like marmite you either do or you don’t & I do.)

Moto Guzzi make some wonderful machines and one of my first love’s was an 850 le-mans a real classic but rare now, not sure of the history of the Centauro but there are still plenty out there and the price tag is way up in the clouds but a wonderful looking bike/work of art.( I think that’s the best way to describe it) Comments questions welcome also hints tip or cash very welcome

Not sure what my next project will be I have a large stash of Tamiya bike kits also I have managed to buy a set of 1/500 scale drawings for HMS Cossack – this was my grandfathers ship and I have planned to build it out of stainless I like a challenge and steel is easier for me to work with

I Will as always keep you up dated as and when I decide

View attachment 46113View attachment 46111View attachment 46110View attachment 46112

Simon

View attachment 49154

View attachment 49155

View attachment 49156

View attachment 49157

tank and saddle.jpg

rolling chassie.jpg

in the cabinet complete.jpg

frame and engine.jpg

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
oh yea should have asked is this where you would like the posts from now on? all my other bike are under other models?

not a big issue just thought i would ask

simon

A

andygh

You've got some beautifully finished bikes there Simon

Personally I love Guzzis

P

Polux

Beautifull bikes!!! It seems that you are a Valentino's fan!!!

Cheers

Polux

C

CDW

When i first read the title i imagined it was going to be red ... i must say it looks the part in yellow though :smiling3:

nice work Simon.

M

mobear

i love the guzzi,first bike i learned to ride,125cc and made a ping noise at low revs when going along,quite endearing,your model is ace mate,5*s from me

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Simon. A very nice Bike indeed.

You are quite OK posting these in this section. If you chose to do a full build it should go in the Under Construction section.

Ian M

C

capt-pugwash

Well done mate, I got to try my hand at one now.

jeff.

First Name
Dave
You've made a nice job of that Simon.I agree ,Guzzi's are nice looking bikes .Back in 1978 (when i was only 20) i set my heart on owning a mk1 Lemans.Went to the showroom in Lincoln to buy one.But i was put off by the rusty exhausts (on a brand new bike!) and veglia instruments that read 10mph and 1000rpm in the showroom with the ignition off!.The finish was generally poor compared to the Z900 i had at the time which was also faster in a straight line.Although the Guzzi handled a lot better.In the end i bought a Laverda 3c after the Kawasaki's notorious high speed weeve got the better of me one day and i ended up in hospital.I never owned a Lemans but did get to ride a mates mk2.A nice bike but the mk1 was the best looking in my opinion.

C

Curtis

Brilliant, love it!

The colour scheme works really well too, good job! Another 5*s from me too!