My AB gummed up something awful; Model Air and Model Colour paint

S

Stevekir

\ said:
I did mk1s's tests and found no faults. I also took the opportunity to minutely examine the nozzle to check it and its surroundings and the needle to confirm that all were 100% clean and they were.I rang the supplier, Yorkshire Clockmakers ..... He is sending me a 0.5 needle and nozzle. If it works it will probably suit me since I am not likely to be doing fine lines in the near future.
It works! Cause = mystery!

T

tecdes

Not familiar with your Airbrush Steve. But mine after carefully adjusting the needle into the nozzle I turn a thing which clams the needle into position. I just wonder if the needle had not been clamped as it should be in which case it could perform some of the things you have had problems with. If it is not tight it may work first time but perhaps then moves back into the nozzle & the trigger will not pull it back.

Great bit of speculation what !

Laurie

S

Stevekir

I learned about the clamping thing you mention from videos, and it was tight. I also could see the needle moving in and out when the trigger was moved. It's a real mystery because it sprayed cleaner and primer OK.

T

tecdes

Obviously divine intervention.

Could do with the address to that source Steve.

Laurie