My Answer to the Quiz is...

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
This new thread works alongside the new 'Aircraft Recognition Quiz 2005' both of the other older threads are now closed and a fresh start can be made here,this thread is for your suggestions as to the answers.Posting #1 explains how once the aircraft has been identified the answer can be hidden on the same page with a clever system devised by John which utilises a simple tag,just follow the instructions.

Any answers to the older quiz can still be given here but can I suggest that we leave the older pictures where they are until exhausted,this gives us the chance for a totally new start to what has proved to be a very popular exercise.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
So do we post new answers here ?
*** Yes Duncan post your new answers here just like before on the old thread,then when the aircraft has been identified put the answer on the 'invisible' tag on the other new thread,sorry for the inconvenience but it was necessary to start new threads to assist downloads,especially those with slower connections.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
A couple of wild guesses on these-

#3 is this a RWD type ?

#4 is this a Yak type ? the tail looks very odd.

D

duncan

OK ,wakened up a bit now. Answer to #8 the DH88 look-a-like is Caudron-Renault C-640. Right now what? Is there an indication on the photo page that says the plane has been identified or do I have to add that too ? Itried the invisible tag but up the answer came for all to see right under the pic. I thought that was going to remain hidden to let others have a guess. :smile3:

Last edited:
K

Kiwi

Before we get to the problem of the tag, I have to tell you that it is not the Caudron C-460 Typhon. (compare the fin and rudder shapes for a start) I did mention that you would have to be a clever chap.

D

duncan

...oh, think I need to lay down for a little, my head hurts !

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Right,lets have a stab at these-

#5 Reid & Sigrist Snargasher

#6 Boeing Stratoliner

#7 Ryan Fireball

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
OK ' date='wakened up a bit now. Answer to #8 the DH88 look-a-like is Caudron-Renault C-640. Right now what? Is there an indication on the photo page that says the plane has been identified or do I have to add that too ? Itried the invisible tag but up the answer came for all to see right under the pic. I thought that was going to remain hidden to let others have a guess. :smile3:[/quote']*** Duncan you have written the tag correctly,it shows this end as 'invisible' dont worry I will tidy the wrong answers up,the important thing to remember is no spaces,dont worry you will get the hang of it,I will assist you.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
So basically this is your cockpit checklist-

1/ Post an aeroplane picture to identify on the other thread.

2/Wait for it to be correctly identified here on this thread.

3/ When it has been identified correctly,go back to the other thread and compose the invisible tag.

4/ Keep this thread for any dialogue,that way it keeps the quiz page neat and tidy.

As soon as everyone has read the messages there I will go and tidy thing up.

Three greens,You are cleared to land !

D

duncan

Thanks Barry. I `ll maybe try another photo. Nice one Kiwi, I was sure the "Comet" wasnt the DH 88 but ...time for another lie down.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
This twin Comet DH.88 lookalike I have seen it before,must dig deeper.

Sorry that it has been a technical day for you guys [answer]keepeverythingclose[/answer]

Written like this- [answer ]keepeverythingclose[/answer ] but without the gaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

duncan

Ciao, I think #15 is prototype MM363 UmbraT-18 but then mia niente parliamo Italiano.

Last edited:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
#17 looks like the Bereiv BE.12,this is the piston version but later ones came with turboprops.

K

Kiwi

In that case Duncan, #20 must be the Saro CUTTY SARK!

Last edited:
D

duncan

In that case Duncan' date=' #20 must be the Saro CUTTY SARK![/quote']Correct; For those that found the poem but didnt try to read it, a cutty sark is a short shirt worn by one of "hellish legion" that chased Tam when he drunkenly stumbled upon a wild party of witches in the old ruined church of Alloway and saw just a little too much. Talk of coincidences..as I type Channel 4 is about to broadcast a piece on the evening news saving of the Clipper ship Cutty Sark from decay. It is currently in dry dock at Greenwich, London. Built in Aberdeen, Scotland, bye the way ! Just seen TV piece they are asking for £12 million from Lottery Fund, wonder if Glasgow`s tall ship will be considered too, somehow I doubt it.....My guess for #23 is a Heinkel He100 but before fitting retracts ?

Last edited:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Correct; For those that found the poem but didnt try to read it' date=' a cutty sark is a short shirt worn by one of "hellish legion" that chased Tam when he drunkenly stumbled upon a wild party of witches in the old ruined church of Alloway and saw just a little too much. Talk of coincidences..as I type Channel 4 is about to broadcast a piece on the evening news saving of the Clipper ship Cutty Sark from decay. It is currently in dry dock at Greenwich, London. Built in Aberdeen, Scotland, bye the way ![/quote']*** Like most Scottish products Duncan,built to last,just look at Scottish Aviation aircraft,good example.These old sailing ships need saving before it is too late,the only answer is to replace the timber piece-meal bit by bit,large wooden dowels,steel pins the lot.