my collection of mtb and asr boats.

S

squirrel

i am resonably new to the boat scene so dont have many at the moment but here are a couple of pics of the ones i do have. oh and they were all resto projects.

well i have put the pics in my name thing on the left as i cant get them on the main page as they are to big !!

B

Bunkerbarge

Some very nice boats there Martin. Are you a member of any club?

I'm with the Kirklees Model Boat Club who meet up in a park in Batley, West Yorkshire, every Sunday to chew the fat, play with our boats and chase a few ducks. Have a look in my gallery for a few shots on the water.

S

squirrel

another aerokits in need of resto.

Last edited:
S

squirrel

modified one this time that will become a water pumping fire boat.

Last edited:
S

squirrel

my dad built this one years ago but it hasnt been used for a fair few years so looking at poss conversion to battery power.

Last edited:
S

squirrel

this is one i got hold of to use the running gear out of but once i used it on the lake i decided to keep it as is and let friends and the kids use it when they come down the lake.

C

cdsc123

The 80ft steel hulled high speed passenger launch PL4 was built by Vosper in 1956 for Shell Tankers for use in Lake Maracaibo. Twin 1800hp Napier Deltic diesels pushed her at over 40 knots. The model is very nice indeed. The other one with green antifoul looks like a 94ft US Crash-Boat, only two were ever built powered by 3 V12 supercharged petrol Packard engines.

J

jankers

Some of that stuff certainly brings back memories.

How are you powering them?

J.

S

squirrel

sorry about the lack of posting for a while ... the PL4 is diesel at the moment and the rest are battery power.

S

squirrel

\ said:
another aerokits in need of resto.
.....................................................................................

went down the lake with this one now its nearly finished and got some nice comments so i am well happy.

not a great pic as the other half said it was to cold to be down the and didnt want to take the pics.

S

squirrel

the same day with the pt boat. forgot to move the battery now its 12volt so made it interesting to use ....

Last edited:
B

Bluewavestudios

Nice Boats there squirrel and the restoration job looks good too - I can see why you got good comments for this one. No doubt she'll be out a lot more once the finer weather comes.

Interesting pic with the pt boat - I presume you have shifted the battery to it's proper location now to improve the handling. I have similar experience here myself.

Keep the pics coming.

Regards.......Mark.