My new toy

W

Wilko

Thanks, will deco enjoy getting used to it.

Is there a huge difference between bottle fed, and cup fed. One thing I can see will be a factor straight away, would be the amount of paint to mix up, with the cup fed one being easier to add small quantities of paint?

I'm pretty new to all this airbrushing, so am reading through the threads when I get time, but any additional info is always welcome.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You can actually mix surprisingly little paint for a jar type. You could try looking at a paint cup from badger. If it fits you can just use that instead of a jar.

I have a badger air brush that has one of these. If you are interested, I can measure the pipe and let you know the size. You should be able to buy a loose one from a Badger stockist.

One very good thing with a bottom feed and a jar: you can spray HUGE things without having to stop every five seconds to fill up!

Have fun with it.

Ian M

W

Wilko

Thanks for that Ian,

The airbrush is actually an Iwata Revolution, will the cup still fit on there, and is that what the little screw is in the top of the airbrush is for?

Thanks

W

Wilko

\ said:
Very nice Luke, bet you can't wait to get spraying :D This is mine, a wee lickle thing but just right for me and my workspace.Si:smiling3:
That's a nice little kit there mate. Do you have to have the trigger AB to use that handle?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That's a nice little kit there mate. Do you have to have the trigger AB to use that handle?
It may fit yours, although it looks like you have a bottom jar feed. I paid £6 for it, you get the handle + stainless tube that fits into the handle, this connects to the AB (gravity fed top pot) and then the hose. Expensive for a bit of plastic but it means that I can relax my hand so less cramping, also it is more stable...well for me. The compressor is a lovely little thing, nothing special but you can adjust the flow and it only works when you use the AB so is not running all the time.

Si:smiling3: