My wrecked, rusty liner. Comments on picture content, not model please.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Was playing around with some natural light shots on my wrecked liner, although not finished I disliked the close ups I took using Macro and the flash. These pictures have a nice quality to them, although the board isn't finished yet, still some water effects to add. The background is just sky and it really compliments the hulk in a bleached kind of way, well, I think so.

The Last picture is from the film: 'Raise The Titanic' just to see if I could emulate that look.

So any comments on the image itself and how it works from a photographic point appreciated, thanks.

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 79053

View attachment 79054

View attachment 79055

View attachment 79056

DSCF2687.JPG

DSCF2686.JPG

DSCF2685.JPG

rtt model No10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Polux

Hi Si!

I think the first one is thr best photo. Nice colour and clear ;)

Wow!! This is a rusty rusty boat... :eek:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Good pictures Si. You can't beat natural light.

I well remember Raise the Titanic....Tosh! The final scene with the bloke walking around the ship. She looked as if she had just come back from a cruise - instead of being 2+ miles down for many decades.....Good old Hollywood!

B

Bunkerbarge

Nice weathering Si. Is this a wreck aground somewhere and decomposing? it is obviously not in the process of sinking as it is in a fairly advanced state of corroding so I assume it is aground.

B

Bunkerbarge

\ said:
She looked as if she had just come back from a cruise - instead of being 2+ miles down for many decades.....Good old Hollywood!
.....................and surprisingly intact!!!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
looking nice though,i really like the 2nd pic
Ta Ole, I agree in that pic 2 is my personal favourite, it reminds of someone in a small boat coming close the ship, gives a sense of looming over the boat.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Hi Si!I think the first one is thr best photo. Nice colour and clear ;)

Wow!! This is a rusty rusty boat... :eek:
Thank you Polux, it is a tad rusty isn't it :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Good pictures Si. You can't beat natural light.I well remember Raise the Titanic....Tosh! The final scene with the bloke walking around the ship. She looked as if she had just come back from a cruise - instead of being 2+ miles down for many decades.....Good old Hollywood!
Cheers Ron, yeah looks so much better in daylight.

As for RTT...well it is a jolly wheeze and was made before the Titanic was found in 1985...the model of it coming out the water was 50ft long, made of steel and weighed around 11 tons or something like that, for the model alone it deserves credit, for everything else...yep...tosh sums it up nicely.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Nice weathering Si. Is this a wreck aground somewhere and decomposing? it is obviously not in the process of sinking as it is in a fairly advanced state of corroding so I assume it is aground.
Yeah, that's right Richard, there is a thread on ships under construction regarding this build. She is aground and abandoned to the elements, was unsure of the angle of the bow, too high really but I thought it looked defiant.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Should these be in this section, or Under construction, or the completed section?

Ian M

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Should these be in this section, or Under construction, or the completed section?Ian M
There is a thread in the under construction section with pictures Ian, there is a little bit left to do before it can be in the completed section. However, I was faffing in trying to get some more natural, realistic-ish shots shot during daylight and figured they would go okay here in the photography section. If they're in the wrong place I apologise.

D

Deleted member 3568

Brilliant love the water effect as much as the rust the whole thing is expertly done

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Brilliant love the water effect as much as the rust the whole thing is expertly done
Thanking you sir, appreciate the comment, glad you like it.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Very nice I love it! The crash/wreck king is back!!!!
LOL. Once finally finished I shall try and replicate these pictures in the completed section as I think they have come out really well.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It just seems to me that it is more about the model than the photographs.

maybe your intention was good but unfortunately most of the posts seem to think its about the model so the thread has kind of got turned around a bit. Not your fault at all Si.

Ian M

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
It just seems to me that it is more about the model than the photographs.maybe your intention was good but unfortunately most of the posts seem to think its about the model so the thread has kind of got turned around a bit. Not your fault at all Si.

Ian M
Ah, I see Ian. Sorry about that, it was just to be about the pictures. I suppose it was a bit confusing.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i like the 1st shot as well, to me it looks like some think scared her off the bottom, just by the look off the chop around her, like when a big fish scares up bait fish

do like the muddy rusty look