Neil's 1/32 WWI Nurse

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Yup, the first pic above shows that very well Tim. Most excellent coloring, but of course our Mr. Merryweather loathes painting figures as stated in his 'Fuselage' figure thread. The man has some extraordinary painting talent in 1/32 scale!!!...

Prost
Allen

Last edited:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Blimey, thanks chaps for those overwhelmingly lovely comments!
I was inspired by @MiketheKiwi's book, but to be honest I don't have the patience to add the details and textures that he achieves. But I did get the idea for trying to show the hem of the skirt and the apron with a thin highlighted line.
I'm very chuffed you like her, and in spite of @Allen Dewire 's comments I honestly do approach painting with trepidation every time. But you HAVE given me some confidence, so thank you again
N

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Yup, that's excellent. The technique of painting the hems is very clever indeed - sells the translucence of the apron most convincingly, as @Tim Marlow says.
What's @mikethekiwi's book?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YUP Neil you certainly are good at figure painting an yes i see what the guys mean on this nures as yes she looks every inch the english rose you are very skilled Niel
chrisb

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Yup, that's excellent. The technique of painting the hems is very clever indeed - sells the translucence of the apron most convincingly, as @Tim Marlow says.
What's @mikethekiwi's book?
Look up Mike the Kiwi or Mike Butler on the web to be completely blown away Paul. He posts on here occasionally.

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks chaps. Sorry for the digression, but some pro figure painters are incredible! Just found this by Mike Butler. I don't really care what scale this is, it's just perfect!
Screenshot_20230112-093155_Samsung Internet.jpg

Also found Mike's version of your nurse, Neil, and I must say you've done the translucent material technique significantly better than he has!

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I've made a quick little base for Fanny, using my own 3D printed base ,some coffee stirrers and some Vallejo putty.
Here's a step by step, doesn't really require explanation -very straightforward stuff. The idea being it's the planked floor of a hospital tent.
IMG_20230112_153737455.jpgIMG_20230112_163013471.jpgIMG_20230112_172933655.jpgIMG_20230113_152830495.jpg

She should be all done in the next post.
Cheers
N

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Excellent Neil...pure excellence. I was worried at first having seen works of others looking like cross dressers. She is rather sweet and feminine...English Rose as has been echoed. The apron....exquisite. Even if you say the sculpt helped, I think you made it look even better...just don't apply the same foundation and make up on your French infrantry. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Wabble

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Excellent Neil...pure excellence. I was worried at first having seen works of others looking like cross dressers. She is rather sweet and feminine...English Rose as has been echoed. The apron....exquisite. Even if you say the sculpt helped, I think you made it look even better...just don't apply the same foundation and make up on your French infrantry. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Wabble
Why Richard........what an insensitive thought to convey about the French (poof) infantry!! :tongue-out3: ;) :thinking:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
And she's finished.

IMG_1850.JPG

A lovely little project, beautifully sculpted by Benoit Couchies (my apologies, not Nino Pizzichemi as I stated earlier). I've thoroughly enjoyed stretching my painting skills a bit, ,so no bad thing.
And much as the comparisons to Mike the Kiwi were flattering, I have since seen a high resolution pic of his artwork and it is WORLDS away from this paltry effort!
Anyway here are a few more views.

IMG_1840.JPGIMG_1857.JPGIMG_1844.JPGIMG_1856.JPG

Thank you everyone for following and for the very encouraging comments.
Now its back to the Fusiliers, I suppose.
Cheers
Neil