New Garage Opening Shortly

• Thread starter My Model Car Workshop
  • Start date
M

My Model Car Workshop

Now I have more time on my hands, since retiring, I thought I would take up building plastic scale models again. My preference will be model cars of 1/24 and 1/25 scale, although I do intend to build some 1/12 scale models as well as larger scale motorbikes 1/6 scale and even a 1/4 scale model of a Honda CB 750 all metal parts (but more on that later).

I have several models to start building, but have been buying some new equipment for the workshop before I make a start. First to buy was a decent air compressor and a few decent air brushes for spray painting. A decent set of craft knifes and a mini drill and craft set.

My stock of kits can be seen it the photos. Not sure which one to do first, but I think I will start with the 1931 A model Ford, which is at 1/25 scale and is a Monogram kit. The other models are Revell Mercedes SLS AMG : Revell Ferrari 250 GTO : Revell Shelby Cobra 427 all 1/24 scale and a 1/12 scale Tamiya 1967 Team Lotus Type 49 F1.

Not quite sure when I will make a start as I am waiting for some paints, glue and other materials to arrive. I will mention that I will be using Zero paints as they specialize on model car paints and have the best choice of authentic colours for most makes of cars.

View attachment 113565

View attachment 113566

View attachment 113567

View attachment 113568

View attachment 113569

View attachment 113570

View attachment 113571

View attachment 113572

Thank you for looking .

Geoff

010 Compressor.JPG

011 Craft Knive Set.JPG

012 Mini Craft Set.JPG

001 Mercedes SLS.JPG

002 Ferrari 250 GTO.JPG

003 Shelby Cobra 427.JPG

006 1931 Model A Ford.JPG

005 1967 Lotus Type 49 F1.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
All those nice new, shiny tools and all you will use is a hammer...:rolleyes:

Nice set up Geoff, look forward to what you and your tools create...some nice kits too.

Si:smiling3:

D

dougie

You will not regret using zero paints. They are a joy to use although smelly. Make sure you have good ventilation and better filters on your respirator. Proper paint ones. Get their airbrush cleaner too. It's got toluene in it so be careful with your health!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well Geoff,looks like your all set to get some of these on the bench,

very nice looking tools and some nice kits as well,

but above all have fun and enjoy, :D

P

Polux

Nice collection you have there ;)

My vote is to start two vehicles at same time. You will learn and "discover" tips from each other!

Maybe the Cobra and the Ford?

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Nice....................:cool::cool:

M

My Model Car Workshop

\ said:
Nice collection you have there ;)
My vote is to start two vehicles at same time. You will learn and "discover" tips from each other!

Maybe the Cobra and the Ford?
Yes I was thinking of that, maybe it will be the Cobra.

P

Polux

\ said:
Yes I was thinking of that, maybe it will be the Cobra.
Just remember....on this forum we like photos, many photos of your progresses :D :D :D

Good luck ;)

M

My Model Car Workshop

\ said:
Just remember....on this forum we like photos, many photos of your progresses :D :D :D
Good luck ;)
Err! How can I take photos when my fingers are stuck to the bench! :oops: :eek: :D Yes I will do my best.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just remember one model per build thread.

Otherwise we all get confused lol.

M

My Model Car Workshop

\ said:
Just remember one model per build thread.
Otherwise we all get confused lol.
Will do Ian. That was my intention anyway. Waiting for some paint and a few other essentials before I make a start, plus there are one or two jobs under SWMBO's orders that need seeing to first. :rolleyes: Got to keep her sweet! :D

D

Deleted member 3568

I agree keeping swmbo sweet should always be top priority, can't wait to see you start though your scratch built ship sounded impressive.

M

My Model Car Workshop

Yes Ken it was an impressive looking model. For the last few years I had it, it just lay on on a long wide shelf on the back side of my workshop gathering dust and taking up too much room. My interest in sailing RC models came to an end after I lost my last wife, due to illness and I went through a bout of depression. All is fine again now, so decided to turn to model cars and bikes for a change, and something that doesn't take up too much room. o_O

Well hopefully they won't :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

Yes I got rid of a scratch built model of the Waverley she was 54 inches long, onlysailed her twice got 850 quid for her, and used the money to buy a 52 inch 3d tv which we enjoy every day, modeling went up in my missus eyes then, in fact she encourages me now.

M

My Model Car Workshop

I saw the Waverley a few years ago at Llandudno, when she was on a round Britain tour. So glad they restored it, she is a beautiful ship and one of only a few paddle steamers left in existence. I believe there is one of the Loch Lomond paddle steamers under restoration, I saw that last year, looking a bit sad, when we visited Scotland. I take it that your avitar is of the Waverley. Anyway, going a bit of topic in this thread. Still rummaging through my shed, getting rid of all sorts of stuff that is of no use, like dried up paint pots, boxes of crap that have accumulated over the years. and gawd knows what else. Most of it will go to the tip and some bits of wood useful for modelling will be kept ( for another twenty years I expect :oops:smiling3: just in case o_O. Got to make some space in that there shed before I can be happy, that Iv'e got rid of anything I don't want, until I discover that I've chucked something away that I wanted after all. But that's lwhat usually happens. :sad: