New to the forum, getting back into Modelling

First Name
Matthew
Hello!
I'm from Ontario, Canada and I just discovered the forum and am looking forward to getting advice, and learning from everyone's experience.
I use to do modelling with my dad back in the late 90s, but we both fell out of the hobby, I briefly got back into it a the start of Covid in 2020, before life got in my way. I've finally started freeing up some spare time for my hobbies so I'm looking forward to getting started again and completing my previous project and starting some new ones. I'm hoping to pick up an airbrush and start learning some techniques to better improve my painting.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Hi Matthew and welcome to the forum, what are your interests when it comes to model making?

First Name
Matthew
Hi Matthew and welcome to the forum, what are your interests when it comes to model making?
I used to do racecars and the like, but now I'm more interested in military models. I'm presently working on a Tiger diarama (painting people is a pain in the behind). And I'm hoping to build a model ship once I've completed my current project.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Welcome, youll find all the help and advice you need here, just ask :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Welcome Matthew to a great forum. I look forward to seeing some of your work. Don't be apprehensive about asking questions or showing your work. I can guarantee you will only get polite, helpful support and advice.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
May I call you Matt? If so,welcome to the asylum Matt - otherwise, a welcome once again and I hope the forum meets your expectations Matthew :cool:!
Steve

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Welcome to the craziest modelling site on the net, we've got it all in here, lunatics, masochists, pyromaniacs... sounds like you'll fit right in.. ;)
seriously though, you couldn't ask for a more friendly site, no judgments, a tiny bit of sarcasm and the biggest knowledge base I've ever known, so pull up a chair grab a brew and a hobnob and remember the only stupid question is the one you never ask..

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Welcome Matthew. No egos here, just support and advise. Join in and have fun :thumb2: