Next up for me is a little dio containing these

P

Polux

The Panzer IV is my favorite tank :smiling3: and the first one I build here as well :P

Sorry mate, I have to ask... :D

Over a bridge, on a snowed street, maybe on the green grass of a forest, hide in an old factory :rolleyes:....? Where????? :D :D :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The Panzer IV is my favorite tank :smiling3: and the first one I build here as well :P Sorry mate, I have to ask... :D

Over a bridge, on a snowed street, maybe on the green grass of a forest, hide in an old factory :rolleyes:....? Where????? :D :D :D
I'm thinking a country road mate just a simple thing bit of grass , mud and the odd bush :smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
Forgive my ignorance but who is zimmeritt ?
The question is not WHO, is WHAT :D :D :D

Patrick will respond better than me that question Alan :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The question is not WHO, is WHAT :D :D :D Patrick will respond better than me that question Alan :smiling3:
Oh is it a fish ? :D

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice picks Alan, will look forward to seeing this one, :rolleyes:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Alan I tried not to, I really did, but the temptation was too much!Good luck with your own build.

Cheers,

Ron

PS. Zimmerit is Bob Dylan's real surname!!!!

View attachment 87658
Thanks Ron mate glad to see you back :smiling3: mine won't look anywhere near as good as that in fact in comparison it will look pretty naff lol , I'm only using an A4 picture frame for space reasons :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers Alan, we stay at home and keep our heads down during school hols...everywhere is far too busy!

Re. your base size, always remember......Small is sometimes beautiful.....At least that's what the wife sniggers!

Those Tamiya figures are very good......When he's finished, I would like your observations on the officer. See if you come up with the same thought as me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Yeah no problem mate , at least these figures are better than the ones on my last dio :smiling3: shouldn't take me long on this one the tank is a little bit simpler than the tamiya version and the figures are nicely detailed so I can get a good deal of features to show :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Ha-ha well if you & Ron have finished ... ;)

Zimmeritt was a paste applied to German tanks to prevent magnetic mines being attached Alan. Wood shavings made up a fair amount of the formula, so in September 1944 they cancelled it due to fears of it catching fire.

Here's an example

View attachment 87184

Not everyone bothers with it though!

Pz4_H_28_Sep43.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I always wondered what that was I've only seen it done on tigers and king tigers before thanks Patrick I wouldn't know how to do it so I'll just put some dead bushes on mine :smiling3: